Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's Official..Stonegod Lost His Virginity

Hybrid View

Congrats on your first!
    Is there anything better than being in the woods?!

Thanks guys and yes griz I had to gut it.lol And even though the deer only went 45-50yds and I could see it shortly after my little bro came back and we started tracking it......he wouldn't let me simply walk up to it.lol.....I started to but he said...."where are you going"?....."find the blood trail and do it right....it'll be good practice".....so even though I could see her.....we followed ever drop of blood to her....it was a perfect double lung shot that smashed though both ribs and the arrow ended up buried in a tree 20yds pass where it went through her. I'm pooped out from processing her today....so I'll finally get to add my "first one" story to the "your first one" thread I started three years ago.....tomorrow!!lol I just wanted to take the time now and thank all the guys on here that helped and supported my looong effort to get my first deer..... seekerbp,bigholla,radicalxl, Blackbeard, buckstalker17, bowguy10 and so many other guys who nolonger come here....but a special thanks to my good buddy and deer hunting mentor...hortontotor....his help and support along with little bro's made the looooong effort/wait just that much more fun. Thanks again guys for the congrats and all the help/advice!! .....it's much appreciated!!!
    Last edited by Stonegod; 11-22-2013 at 01:35 PM.
    Enjoy your hunt- the long sit......... the cold.......the rain and snow......the peace and quiet, it may just be your last hunt........... you never know.

Congrats on your first!!!!! Hopefully you will have many more harvests to tell of as well.

Congrats again. Great story. I'm glad little bro made you follow the blood and tracker her. I do it on everyone as well. Good practice especially when you know there is a happy ending at the end of the blood trail. Congrats.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    Congratulations Stonegod!

Your story just puts a big smile on my face. I'm happy for you. And all those guys you mention, I bet have that same big smile too!
    what goes around, comes around. (I sure do hope so)!!

Congrats to mister stonegod on his first kill. It gets easier from here on out now go get some horns! Good luck!!! And once again congrats

Thanks again guys!! ....bowguy10??....any relation to bowguy2??
    Enjoy your hunt- the long sit......... the cold.......the rain and snow......the peace and quiet, it may just be your last hunt........... you never know.

Great news Stonegod congrats!
    Patience and perseverance have a magical affect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish."
    John Quincy Adams

Congrats Stonegod......
    "All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us. They can't get away this time."
    LtGen Lewis B. “Chesty” Puller - USMC

Thread Information