Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: land lease forum?

land lease form?

i did manage to locate a piece of property that there willing to let me fill out a lease for to hunt on his land, the issue is im looking online for them and almost all i come across are filled out for wront state, or wrong county, and there not modifiable.
    does anyone have one handy they can post as a sticky on here , i did a serch for one and was not able to come up with anyone having listed one anywhere.

or im blind, which could be true too.
    Last edited by 213chrisp; 11-18-2013 at 02:44 PM.

i will look through my stuff for the paper from lease that fell threw what county is it in and state

if your looking for a legal lease form, that is something the leasee should already have , and you either agree to it or not
    most require ins on your part to be legal too?
    pending how much $$ is on the line, I would try to cover my ass best I could, and if that meant having to pay a attorney to draw one up, I would, as I heard a ton of bad stories over the yrs about folks getting screwed on lease's
    finding out other are using the lands, all the more so when the owner knows the lease is to a non resident of the state person, knowing they won't be there a lot!
    a good lease conbtract will state what you can and cannot do in legal terms, and then if anyone isn't following/playing by the rules you have a course of action that can maybe get you $$ back, if not, your just going to be a pissed off person
    I think on Basecampleasing, or they used to, they have a link to a hunter lease ins company, that handles this stuff for pretty cheap to, when I looked into it a few yrs back
    the company they had on there was great to deal with gave good FREE advice too
    the ins they sold was cheap too, or I sure thought so, and I shopped about before finding them so??
    I'd suggest looking there if you have the time maybe even emailing them and asking them about lease contracts
    Bob Ball, used to run the site and was another great guy to deal with, very nice, and he does lease's for a living! so he has a lot of knowledge

thanks agian for the help mrbb, i know its threw a friend and its of no charge, its more of the liability factor if i was to get hurt or do damange as he said it would be free of charge, he does how ever ask to know what dates i wish to hunt because it is shared land with 3 other hunters and he wants to make sure we get fair time to the woods, and only 1 person at a time because its not a large piece of land, which i thought was fair, but being its private land i figured this might of been a better option for me then starting in public. i could be wrong as well though, my friend use to hunt the land and said there is a few good deer that roam his land even to this day and knows i should do well there.

it will be for hamilton county ohio.

well if all you need is a form to give the owner safety from you sueing, just use these forms, there permission to hunt forms right from ODCNR, and legal protect the land owner, legally protects you, by you having the legal written permission to hunt that private lands
    and there easy to print out, owner can fill in what time frame your allowed to be there and not
    win win

http://ohiodnr.com/Portals/9/pdf/DNR%208924.pdf

perfect exactly what i was looking for, i just keep doing google searches and it was getting me no where fast, and i figured there had to be an ohio dnr generic one somewhere.

no problem, all you needed to do was a permission to hunt search, lots out there

I just want to make sure I have this straight. You found someone that will give you permission to hunt? If that is the case the ODNR has an official one on their website.

If you are leasing meaning you are paying for hunting rights (usually exclusive for you or a group of people you know) to the property you need to be very careful as to what the lease says since you dont want the landowner out cutting firewood and running ATV's all over the property during hunting seasons or having his buddies hunting there as well. Typically leases cost a bunch of money unless you are joining a group that has an existing lease or getting a lease what a group of people then the cost per person is a little easier.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

its just permission to hunt, i assumed it was a land lease form which is why i wasnt finding what i could threw google, and thanks to mrbb he showed me the link to the direct paper version of it i beleive.

Thread Information