Thread: Hows everyones RUT?

Hybrid View

Well I never made it to the woods yesterday. I got home and as soon as i got in the shower and grabbed the scent free soap my phone started ringing about the snow in the northeast. So I had to dry off and head back into work to make sure the snow plow stuff was ready to go... my dad and my buddy made it out to freeze their butts off and saw a handfull of does each. No bucks and no noticeable rutting activity. not sure if i am going to be able to make it out this afternoon either. If I do I will report...

I went out 3 Sundays ago (evening hunt), laid a good estrous scent trail, everything was perfect, had 3 does within 12 yards of my stand for about 20 minutes, couldn't get a shot due to all the eyes so close. I was really waiting for one of the bruisers to come in following them...yeah that never happened! Went out last Monday (morning hunt) after all that crazy rain, sat from about 7-10:30, thinking the rain stopped and the temp dropped big time...something should be moving right?....definitely not, didn't see a single thing. Even tried
    some calling and a lil rattling. Sat yesterday (evening hunt), again did everything as before, and again everything was perfect...not one deer was moving. Haven't seen much of any rutting activity this year, it takes me almost an hour to get to work and most of it is through (by) woods/fields and haven't seen any chasing out there either. So I dont know whats going on....
    Last edited by zachc; 11-25-2013 at 08:05 PM.

Definitely a strange year. Will be heading out to OH for opening day next Monday. Hoping some snow stays on the ground. Cameras as of last week still showing mature bucks moving a night. Only got 1 (8) point that we believe is a 5 year old right before dusk last week.

Friday night the 22nd and Saturday morning, before day light, deer were everywhere! Bucks, does, and everything in between. Once the sun came up, nothing. It's been the same thing from Franklin county to Morgan county, night movement.

Thread Information