Thread: Questions about bucks returning to a area?????

Questions about bucks returning to a area?????

Hi everyone I am hunting my uncles farm in Ohio last night was my third hunt for this year. Last night was the first night I saw deer and it was a great hunt. At about sundown I had a huge mature buck come in chasing 4 does then lost intrest in them. I couldnt ever get him in a shooting lane and never got a shot at him. I snort wheezed and grunted several times and he never came back in and Im positive he wasnt spooked. I am thinking of sitting sun up to sundown on Thursday as the weather looks great. I used one buck bomb the other night and I was thinking of sitting another one out thursday morning and keeping one in my stand. Basically do I have any chance of this buck coming back he was a absolute stud!! thanks for reading

We are getting into the rut you have a chance at him showing up or another mature buck showing up. But it is the rut and you can count on anything consistent to happen. Go get in the woods and hunt as much as you can while the action is hot.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Yea I agree. Just be in the woods as much as possible. That buck could come back or another nice buck. They are going to be traveling further than normal starting to chase does around. Not predictable
    STROTHER INFINITY
    RIPCORD REST
    TRUGLOW SIGHT
    ICS BEMAN ARROWS
    TRU-FIRE RELEASE
    28.5 DRAW 65LBS

Thread Information