Thread: Lost Blood Trail in the dark

Lost Blood Trail in the dark

Im so bummed I shot a nice buck tonight... waited a while to track & it was so dark I lost blood trail...I got my youngest to help but no luck...its going to be a long night going back out in the morning to search...I always hunt with someone but no one wanted to go out tonight so I was by myself...the deers were everywhere I hope hes down and not wounded...this really stinks I feel so bad right now...any advice from you guys would be helpful...thanks Sherry
    I don't care who you are, but when your in the woods and it turns pitch black, your mind can really play tricks on you expecially when you don't know the woods. :001_07:

Take your time. I hope you pick the trail up. Good luck.

I was trying to post on this last night but the site was really painfully slow. Anyways like ranger said take your time and go slow. Try to stay off of the blood trail if at all possible. If you loose blood start doing a grid search. But again go slow.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Update he was another 40 yards from where we stoped last night ...but I guess someone else needed the meat all I found was the gut pile...they must have been watching we found 2 stands in that area also...at least I know he was down & not wounded...now for a nap & back in the stand tonight..I know this can happen I just hope they have a guilty conscience....thanks for the advice guys I do know its hard tracking dried blood this time of year the leaves can really be a challenge...
    I don't care who you are, but when your in the woods and it turns pitch black, your mind can really play tricks on you expecially when you don't know the woods. :001_07:

Sorry to hear that. It can happen but I know most hunters are not like that. I guess there is a bad apple in every bunch. Sorry to hear about that. You know that means now you will be rewarded with an even larger buck :)
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Wow.. Sorry to hear that someone took your buck. That is crazy. Those are the type of people that give hunters a bad name. Hopefully karma will catch up to them soon. Did this happen on public or private land? Even worse if all that happened on your private land.
    STROTHER INFINITY
    RIPCORD REST
    TRUGLOW SIGHT
    ICS BEMAN ARROWS
    TRU-FIRE RELEASE
    28.5 DRAW 65LBS

It was private land that we have permission to hunt from a farmer... there are only 5 permissions signed for the property I get them signed every year so I know its not one of us... the stands we found are no longer there they must have taken them down the next day...like nomad_archer said there might be a bigger buck so hopefully one will come in close enough.. there are 4 new bucks I have never seen on the property before ...so im watching them hoping one comes in if not it wasnt ment to be...its just a great day when you see deer and be out in the trees...thanks guys for your help.

Thread Information