Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade for Summit Climber

I like the backpack strap idea esp since i have to walk a half mile to my hunting location. I also need to change the climbing cables as they are 10+ y/o and to the metal in some spots.

bushman I was in the same place last year. I finally broke down and replaced the cables.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Great post. This has to be 10 times better than the straps summit provides with their stands. Wasn't sure if they would work so I would never order them. Thanks for the pictures. Just ordered them.

Awesome I hope you really enjoy it. I know I have so far. Though I haven't used the climber nearly as much as I used to. I have been introduced to the wild world of ladder stands this year but the climber is always in the truck in case I need to make a quick adjustment on want to try something different.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

My question is since my cables are worn down to the metal in places, i see you can buy the shrink wrap for them, or did u just replace the whole cables?

I just replaced the whole cables since price wise the shrink wrap was about half the price of new cables I just went for the whole replacement then I didnt have to worry about getting the old stuff off and all of that.

Prob what ill end up doin for peace of mind.

That is what it came down to for me as well. This year I replaced the alligator strap that goes around the top portion of the stand to hold tight to the tree. It probably wasn't necessary but I figured it couldn't hurt.

Wow
    Straps arrived today. A little tricky getting them on but once I got them adjusted wow what a difference. I should have done this years ago.

I thought the same thing after I got it all together.

Thread Information