Thread: Wellington Wildlife Area

Wellington Wildlife Area

Did a quick search here and no one ever responded to the question as to if Wellington Wildlife Area is worth a shot to go out there for a day.

It's small and gets a lot of pressure but not as much as Spencer gets. If you hunt either one be prepare to have other hunters come by. I've heard of meat hunters taking does but haven't seen/heard of any decent bucks being taken.....but that doesn't mean the aren't there. There are some large farms that surround that area.
    Enjoy your hunt- the long sit......... the cold.......the rain and snow......the peace and quiet, it may just be your last hunt........... you never know.

Thks for the input, I've been to Spencer and know that's crowded all the time figured I'd gamble on Wellington. Still looking for my first kill.

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    I hunted groundhogs there last spring. Seemed to be quite a bit of deer sign here and there. Pretty flat terrain also, with some wet areas in the woods. Groundhogs were nonexistant the day I was there.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by hortontoter View Post
    I hunted groundhogs there last spring. Seemed to be quite a bit of deer sign here and there. Pretty flat terrain also, with some wet areas in the woods. Groundhogs were nonexistant the day I was there.
    I went out there today to check it out (off Griggs rd I believe) didnt seem to promising in the woods (found man made trails but nothing seemed like a natural trail, that could just be me and my novice skills if any) but then again it was raining over there. a few guys are saying the same thing about the deer... what area were you hunting? I may take my stand out sat morning at spencer but public lands right after a muzzy i donno i may just be taking a nature nap! All i want is my first kill!!! I usally hunt down in New Philly with my buddy that has permission on private land but i have the itch to be out in the woods! Anyone up to teaching someone the proper ways to hunt????

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    Check around these GPS coordinates N41 07.483 W82 13.540. If you don't own a handheld GPS it is somthing I would invest in. I use mine quite often. These coordinates will get you in a ball park area that looked pretty good to me. You can use these coordinates on Google Maps to see the location. No guarantees, but a start at least.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by hortontoter View Post
    Check around these GPS coordinates N41 07.483 W82 13.540. If you don't own a handheld GPS it is somthing I would invest in. I use mine quite often. These coordinates will get you in a ball park area that looked pretty good to me. You can use these coordinates on Google Maps to see the location. No guarantees, but a start at least.
    Thank you for the info. Believe it or not that was an area of interest for me and will deff look at it.

Thread Information