Thread: hunting rant and vent

Hybrid View

well good luck with it all at least you can get rid of some of the tree rats.

Dealt with similar issues from guys who hunt 130 acres that borders a 17 acre property that I hunt... It's super frustrating! I had a guy put his 13 year old son in my stand and I walked in on them field dressing a 6 point that the kid had shot from my stand. More than enough other run-ins as well. It's hard not to, but, you can't lose your cool. The best thing we can do for our sport is to lead by example and hopefully some of the bad apples will get the picture. Sorry you have to deal with this. I certainly feel your pain...

well over the yrs I have had this way too often
    so feel your pain
    I learned long agop to make my stands NOT want to be used, by making it hard to get in them, adding locking doors on ladder stands, removing seats
    even locking boards with nails on them to the seat and platform to keep jerks out looking for a free stand to hunt out of
    I know you have talked to them, but I would strongly try talking to them again,a dn mentioning that you only have "X" hrs to hunt, and it costs you Money to hunt, and , granted they own lands, but your dad's isn't there's, and if they cannot play nice and respect your area's, and stand, that you will be forced to call the law in, as again, its costing you time and money
    tell them you want to get along, and maybe ask if they can give you a call about when there hunting and where, and you can do the like
    I had this same problem where I hunted in Ohio, owner, a super nice guy, was letting a guy from MI hunt there, he typically hunted close to the dates I did, so for about 5 yrs I asked and re asked and re asked him to let me know what dates he was going, so I could allow for a cool down time, or just not walk in on him
    he never would, so last 2 yrs I would show up and ruin a days hunt on him, as I found him using my stands, the yrs before, so, gloves came off,
    some times they ahve to have the experience to get the point LOL
    after that he gave me a heads up, didn't ike me much, but Owner did!. and picked me over him all the time, so he had to play by the rules from then on, or find lese where

and by the way don't blame PAS hunters for thse bad apple's, were not all like that
    all NON residents and residents come in different shades and skills
    trust me, hunted a LOT of states, go more by the actions than the location of where they reside!

Thread Information