Thread: hunting rant and vent

Hybrid View

Wasn't faulting all PA hunters that's just what I call them cause its easier than remembering names. So when I talk about it around here I usally throw a derogatory word or two in there as well. I've told them when I hunt n where so they stay away and they tend to think they can just walk back in there n check and if I'm not there use my stands.

Sorry to hear about your situation. Sounds like you have a mess on your hands. I had a guy that put up a stand on the same tree row I hunt like 200yds down. Was no woods on the property just farm filelds and tree rows. I would be in my stand and he would be walking through the field towards his stand (he was trespassing) and he didn't care. I threatened to call the police if I seen him again. Didn't see him again but he didn't take the stand down all year. He was a very disrespectful hunter always leaving trash I would pick up so the farmer wouldnt get upset. So maybe you can get the law involved if they won't play nice or like mrbb said make your stand difficult to get in or even "booby trap" your stand to teach them a lesson it sounds like the need.
    Good luck with your situation. Sorry you have to deal with it.
    STROTHER INFINITY
    RIPCORD REST
    TRUGLOW SIGHT
    ICS BEMAN ARROWS
    TRU-FIRE RELEASE
    28.5 DRAW 65LBS

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    If they are making all the commotion on their property only then perhaps it's a good thing? I would suspect they are running about everything off of theirs and onto yours. But if they are trespassing and aren't getting the hint then it's time to step it up before it gets worse. The bank property, is it open to anyone or do you have actual permission to hunt it? Are they going onto it as well?? Sounds like they are slob hunters that just come to bum around and very occasionally get a deer if that.

Thread Information