Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hunting rant and vent

The bank is situated between a bunch of private property. Not sure how to go about permission on that just been hunting it all my life without a problem. These guys just wander everywhere aimlessly without a care in the world and run the deer out of the area. I haven't used a lock on there this year just my climber but I told them I was hunting there and still they think it's ok to walk all over the place. I don't know how else to go about it. The ridgeline is basically trash right now just like they did last year. That's why I figured heck w it ill try to find a new spot to hunt and just squirrel hunt that area. Least I could do is return the favor on ruining theure hunts.

well sadly I hate to say it, but if its not your land, you have NO right to tll them how or why they can hunt there
    that privlage comes from owning the land, or working with the land owner
    something you might try, however is,,maybe contacting the bank that own's it, and asking them for written permission, and possible
    authority to throw out trespassers, and or call warden on them
    making you the soul hunter on it
    this way your legal, and can even offer to post it for the bank , thus maybe keeping more folks out
    and showing others where the boundary lines are
    and then have a place to call your hunting spot

Other wise, if your trespassing(if you don't own it or have written permission, that's what your doing)
    and then your as guilty as everyone else that is using this land
    I know that doesn't sit well with folks that grew up using lands, and as such tend to feel they have rights to them(big issue up my way)
    but that's what happens, people FEEL they used to, so its now a right of there's
    regardless of what the owner thinks, as there the one's paying for the lands, so many use for free and get bent out of shape when other use it as they do!
    its a pet peeve of mine , due to all the folks I get on where I hunt that think cause 30 yrs ago they had access they still should, get in many heated debates on trespassers I catch every yr due to it!
    when folks start paying for the taxes, and the land in general
    its THEN they have the right to tell folks how they can or cannot hunt it
    till then, your, wasting time and breaking the law!

but again, call that back and try, never know what door you can open, as banks tend to own a LOT of land, might get you more access to better grounds working with the bank!

Quote Originally Posted by Stonegod View Post
    To have someone trespass is bad enough....but to have the balls to actually use your stand is ridiculous. Was that on the property behind where I hunt?
    No... this wasn't where we hunt... it is down the road at my in-laws place... Haven't had many issues around the area you are talking about

Quote Originally Posted by deerguy10 View Post
    No... this wasn't where we hunt... it is down the road at my in-laws place... Haven't had many issues around the area you are talking about
    That must be because of the signs we put up that say
    "shooting range
    enter at your own risk" lol
    Enjoy your hunt- the long sit......... the cold.......the rain and snow......the peace and quiet, it may just be your last hunt........... you never know.

Sorry to hear your predicament. I am willing to bet they know the bank owns it and that you do not have exclusive rights to hunt it. This, of course, is not reason for them to use your stands. Your in a real bad situation that I would do my best to find anther place to hunt. Although, I do like the idea of squirrel hunting and doing your best to ruin there hunts...it will eventually get the point thru if you do it enough because they are traveling pretty far to hunt. Maybe then they might wanna talk to you.

Thread Information