Thread: acorns

Hybrid View

acorns

This might allready of been asked but I haven`t been on for a while.Is their any acorns in Ohio this year?Mainly on the eastern side.

49 views and no answers.Don`t you people look down at all while your in the woods.lol

There are acorns where I hunt in Medina county....but far below a average crop of them this year. We usually fill 3-4 5gal buckets to save for later in the season. This year we saved none since there was so few on the ground.
    Enjoy your hunt- the long sit......... the cold.......the rain and snow......the peace and quiet, it may just be your last hunt........... you never know.

How's the acorn crop out in your neck of the woods?
    Enjoy your hunt- the long sit......... the cold.......the rain and snow......the peace and quiet, it may just be your last hunt........... you never know.

Big fat O.I looked on 5 different gamelands and its making deer hunting hard.No rublines at all just a rub here or their.The guys hunting cornfields are loving it.I think I`m coming out next weekend and do some scouting.

same here in NE Pa, none this yr, last yr there were so many it was crazy
    it comes and goes like that between weather, and I think other factors
    some yrs lots, some few!
    lots of corn this yr and beans
    so sure they will be fat, but hungry come winter when its all harvested!

I have acorns though not a lot, on the other hand There is a bumper crop of hickory nuts dropping. Don't want to get hit in the head with one of those. You guys do know that oak trees fruit bi-anually.

Quote Originally Posted by ed1315 View Post
    I have acorns though not a lot, on the other hand There is a bumper crop of hickory nuts dropping. Don't want to get hit in the head with one of those. You guys do know that oak trees fruit bi-anually.
    No S%#T !! Opening weekend they were dropping all over, some hit so hard sounded like gun shots! A guy in camp took one on the mellon...

Like Blackbeard said.....we've got apples out of the butt around also and the deer are already hitting them hard.

Thread Information