Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blackbeard's Bowhunts

Congrats on the nice buck and doe blackbeard. I had been missing all of your updates while the site was down, so it is nice to have caught up on them and its nice to see you including your boys in the hunt.

Congrats on a nice buck and doe!!! And as usual......a great read.
    Enjoy your hunt- the long sit......... the cold.......the rain and snow......the peace and quiet, it may just be your last hunt........... you never know.

Congrats on the buck. Looks like a nice deer.
    STROTHER INFINITY
    RIPCORD REST
    TRUGLOW SIGHT
    ICS BEMAN ARROWS
    TRU-FIRE RELEASE
    28.5 DRAW 65LBS

Heck of a story. Great buck and I really like how you got you boys involved. I love it. Congrats to you.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

12/02/13- AM (gun hunting). Hunted in a ladderstand in the middle of my overgrown field. Lots of shooting all around starting at 7:15. Only one shot close, probably 200 yards away. Jumped a deer going in at daylight, at 7:45 a spike walked past me at 25 yds and worked a scrape in front of me, at 8:15 two does were browsing in the field about 60 yards away, and at 9:30 a decent but small 8pt walked in from behind me and ate sumac berries on his back feet at 25 yds.

12/04/13- AM (gun hunting). Jumped a deer right at daylight bedded in some big pines where I was going to sit overlooking a corner of a pasture field. Went up where I figured it was bedding and found a fresh bed and lots of poop. Looks like a buck has been bedding there often. Sat in the pines for about an hour then got up to take a walk up a dirt covered road through the property. Walked about 150 yards and looked up the road and saw antlers. Crouched down and snuck to within a 100 yds and it was a decent 8pt eating honeysuckle/briar leaves and possibly tending a doe. Watched him for awhile before he and the doe got spooked by something else and walked away quickly away. There was another deer with them that I never got a good look at. If I had a buck tag I had a decent 100 yd shot at him before he started walking fast. Pretty exciting morning.

Muzzy season tomorrow, gonna be a fun time hunting with the family. Our typical day will be like this: stand hunt until 10:00, make some small drives before and after lunch, get back on stand from 3:00 until dark. I have a feeling there is gonna be some blood on the ground this next 4 days!

Good luck! Sounds like you'll have a great wknd.

01/04/14- AM. Hunted in some big woods, cold as hell (7 degrees), only stayed for about hour and half, never saw anything. I did hear a gobbler and hens about 100 yards away. The hens were yelping and carrying on and the gobbler actually gobbled five times, one was a double gobble. Pretty cool.

PM- Did some four man driving with my brother, cousin, and friend and saw several deer, cousin shot a little doe.

PM- Hunted in some pines overlooking a grassy/weedy overgrown field in a hollow. Warmer evening and very quiet with a S/SW wind. Four does came out of the pines on the other side of the hollow at 5:00. They fed there way toward me and I shot the biggest doe at 40 yards at 5:15. They all ran off with their tails up so I thought it was a clean miss until I starting walking the path she ran off on and found some specs of blood in the snow. I blood trailed her for 150 yards before finding her. She ran up a creek bottom and crossed the creek back and forth three times, no way I would have found her without the snow. Hit her farther back than I wanted. It was a long, cold drag out in the moonlight but some help arrived so not bad. My season is over.

Congrats on the doe.. Yes the snow makes tracking very easy I always try to hunt a little more when there's snow on the ground.
    STROTHER INFINITY
    RIPCORD REST
    TRUGLOW SIGHT
    ICS BEMAN ARROWS
    TRU-FIRE RELEASE
    28.5 DRAW 65LBS

Thread Information