Athletic Greens
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Ohio Odnr

  1. #1
    Senior Member mrbb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    northeast PA
    Posts
    5,911

    Ohio Odnr

    Ok don't know if any of you Ohio residents care to take a state survey, but here is one for you's to do if so liked
    you can maybe keep more trails open to ATv's and or??
    seen it some place else so just thought I would share the link


    http://www2.ohiodnr.gov/news/post/od...on-preferences

  2. #2
    Senior Member Mightymet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    131
    Ohio is the most unfriendly state when it comes to ATV's. the state has only about 50 miles of trails combined. I believe that does not include Wayne national forest. And the odnr keeps putting money towards snowmobile and horse trails. It's very frustrating.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

  3. #3
    Senior Member mrbb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    northeast PA
    Posts
    5,911
    well I wouldn't bark so loud, PA is not very friendly either
    as far as I know, its even stricter than Ohio, on all but a few places, and that;s only cause its part federal owned lands
    but considering we have almost 2 million plus ac's of public lands
    and maybe 300 miles or so of legal use for ATv's
    its kinda sad!
    and I love the fact in PA, its a LAW that your supposed to have your atv insured and a dam lic plate/registered, on all but your own lands
    yet having the reg, the insurance, and the lic plate, and still cannot drive it in 99 % of the state!
    Crazy

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brickerville (Lititz), PA
    Posts
    1,639
    mrbb you are correct. In forest county I believe you can ride your property licensed/insured atv on all off the dirt roads but on none of the paved roads.
    I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me. ~ Ted Nugent

  5. #5
    Senior Member mrbb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    northeast PA
    Posts
    5,911
    Quote Originally Posted by nomad_archer View Post
    mrbb you are correct. In forest county I believe you can ride your property licensed/insured atv on all off the dirt roads but on none of the paved roads.
    NO not in PA, any state or federal road is off limits to ATv's be them licened or registered, paved or gravel
    its all illegal
    only legal place to ride in PA< is on a designated ATV trail approved by the state, and or on some sections of game lands, , during hunting season with a handi cap permits, on handi cap aproved area's only!
    and or your own lands, or private lands you have written permission ON you, to ride !
    and its illegal to be on any land but your own, on an ATV in PA< that is NOT registered and insured
    Crazy laws, and I am sure in many places they get over looked, but still illegal
    even in state owned ATV trails, there is a long list of rules all atv's must have, no agressive tires, a spark arrester, licensed and and registered and insured, helmets MUST be worn and safety eye wear, and no passangers un;less the ATV came from the factory with a two up option, for just a few
    PA is pretty strick on ATV useage
    wish it was more like WV< or even Maine
    where you can use them so many places, would sure justify owning one a lot more
    and a shame to me, as we here in PA, have to have so much into an ATV , from registering and license plate, and still no useage in most places! Sad!

  6. #6
    I like that they don't allow atv on state property. Makes those hard to get to woods a better big buck habitat.

  7. #7
    Senior Member mrbb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    northeast PA
    Posts
    5,911
    Quote Originally Posted by 89trackerpro17 View Post
    I like that they don't allow atv on state property. Makes those hard to get to woods a better big buck habitat.
    I agree to a point, but sure would be nice to use your atv for more things than just on your won lands
    or have some more sections of public land open to them in off season

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brickerville (Lititz), PA
    Posts
    1,639
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbb View Post
    NO not in PA, any state or federal road is off limits to ATv's be them licened or registered, paved or gravel
    its all illegal
    only legal place to ride in PA< is on a designated ATV trail approved by the state, and or on some sections of game lands, , during hunting season with a handi cap permits, on handi cap aproved area's only!
    and or your own lands, or private lands you have written permission ON you, to ride !
    and its illegal to be on any land but your own, on an ATV in PA< that is NOT registered and insured
    Crazy laws, and I am sure in many places they get over looked, but still illegal
    even in state owned ATV trails, there is a long list of rules all atv's must have, no agressive tires, a spark arrester, licensed and and registered and insured, helmets MUST be worn and safety eye wear, and no passangers un;less the ATV came from the factory with a two up option, for just a few
    PA is pretty strick on ATV useage
    wish it was more like WV< or even Maine
    where you can use them so many places, would sure justify owning one a lot more
    and a shame to me, as we here in PA, have to have so much into an ATV , from registering and license plate, and still no useage in most places! Sad!
    Though you are correct for most of the state, my camp is in West Hickory, PA and you are allowed to ride ATV's on the dirt roads. These arent ANF atv trails but dirt roads used to access camps etc. Now those rules may just apply to the town or the surrounding towns. Maybe the entire county but I dont remember exactly what the restrictions are since I dont have an atv. The designated roads you can use the ATV on have signage indicating just that. But the area around my camp that allows this seems to be a one off in regards to the rest of the state.
    I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me. ~ Ted Nugent

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •