Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deep Frying a Deer Roast?

Deep Frying a Deer Roast?

Has anyone tried this & if so what kinds of injection mixtures did you use, or rubs. I wanted to try but thought I better ask first.
    I don't care who you are, but when your in the woods and it turns pitch black, your mind can really play tricks on you expecially when you don't know the woods. :001_07:

well I have never deep fried a roast, but would be interested in how it comes out if you do
    I prefer a slow cooker/crook pot
    but guess you could deep fry about anything
    just wonder if it would be on the dry side?

good luck

I was thinking of doing this. My plan was to take all the stuff my wife usually puts in the crock pot and inject it in the roast. So I was thinking a jar of brown gravy. Mix in a packet of ranch dressing. Garlic pepper. Lawerys. And some onion powder. Mix it up and inject. Then I was thinking of a flour dredge then egg wash and another trip through the flower. Probably have the oil at around 350. I'm itching to try this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Let us know how it turns out. I'm curious and would like to try to do it to.

sounds good can you post pics mightymet and maybe a little more exact recipe

I bet that roast will come out nice a juicy.....just like a turkey does.
    Enjoy your hunt- the long sit......... the cold.......the rain and snow......the peace and quiet, it may just be your last hunt........... you never know.

Deep Frying a Deer Roast?

I was able to take two deer Saturday so when I get the meat back from the processor I will be ready to try this. I will document everything I do with pics and notes then I will post it. I think I'm going to do it with the ribeye roasts. I didn't get any steaks this time. I think it will be great.

I'm also starting a little project. It's going to be a primitive spit. In other words I will be sitting out side by the fire drinking beer and roasting my deer over an open fire. I will post pics of that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mightymet View Post
    I'm also starting a little project. It's going to be a primitive spit. In other words I will be sitting out side by the fire drinking beer and roasting my deer over an open fire. I will post pics of that as well.

I did that with the back straps last year wrapped them in foil season put some butter in there with some potatoes very good ..............

Quote Originally Posted by Mightymet View Post

I did that with the back straps last year wrapped them in foil season put some butter in there with some potatoes very good ..............

Thread Information