Thread: anyone see this about the wayne national forest??

anyone see this about the wayne national forest??

Wayne National Forest, OHIO shutdown!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMTA received the following letter from Wayne National Forest this morning:

Dear participating vendors,
    Due to the lapse in government funding, the Wayne National Forest will be closing its offices today. In addition, we have been asked to inform all participating vendors to stop selling all trail products including trail permits, passes, and gift certificates, effective immediately. When government funding is restored, the Wayne National Forest office will reopen. We will then notify you when you may resume selling trail permits.

Also, effective today, all Wayne National Forest trails, campgrounds, and recreation areas will be closed until further notice. Please inform your customers so they can make alternate recreation plans.

Thank you,
    CHAD WILBERGER
    Forest Recreation Program Manager
    Wayne National Forest

Yeah I heard all the national parks closed today due to funding from federal govt I heard it from a guy at work

Not much of a loss, they don't take good care of it anyway...Just my opinion bro...If you wanna hunt it you don't wanna go where they have the passes and trails and stuff like that...best thing with Wayne is know the topo and get on back roads and just park and go hunt...
    If there were 8 days in a week I would hunt 8 days

Quote Originally Posted by PlayTheWindMike View Post
    Not much of a loss, they don't take good care of it anyway...Just my opinion bro...If you wanna hunt it you don't wanna go where they have the passes and trails and stuff like that...best thing with Wayne is know the topo and get on back roads and just park and go hunt...
    Not sure about Wayne national but I know around here they've also let a lot of the state land go. Stopped mowing around the lakes, shut down a lot of drives to get to hunting/fishing spots, etc. I understand why in some spots due to "cool guys" in 4 wheel drives tearing up the land. But I think there are

Thread Information