Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013/2014 Daily Hunting Report, Deer Activity, Season Information & Rut Report HERE!

2013/2014 Daily Hunting Report, Deer Activity, Season Information & Rut Report HERE!

lets have this section like in the past if somebody could make this a sticky not sure how

Mostly night activity here. no chasing yet but bucks are starting to show interest.... bucks are still hanging together in my neck of the woods

well was opeing day here in PA
    didn't hunt the morning, just too lazy
    made it out for the evening, and it was HOT Humid and tons of biting bugs,
    that said,
    got on stand about 5 pm, and seen first deer at 6 pm, a doe and a fawn, and then followed by a small 4 pointer, and then a few more small deer at about 6"30 I had a a nice 8 pointer show up, about 90 inches, then a half rack Y buck(2 points one side)
    then a small 5 pointer and then a small 4 pointer
    about 6:45 a small bear showed up, and spooked all the deer but the bigger 8, who was too busy eating sotbeans to care, the deer ran like hell, into the tree's, which all that noise then scared the bear back into the woods LOL
    then a coyote came out above where the bear went in HAHA, like a zoo here
    coyote ran across field, right past the 8 pointer, who again didn't even flinch at it!
    then two bigger bucks showed up, and worked there way to the 8, and the 3 of them started sparring in a playfull way, too dark to tell how big the other two were, but for sure were bigger than the 8, taller wider any how!
    all the deer came to within about 25 yrds of me at one point or another, all but the 3 bigger bucks LOL
    it was 76 degree's when I got back to the truck at about 7 :30 Pm, way warm, and started to rain
    Hoping Monday will be cooler(no Sunday hunting here)
    over all a nice sit, minus the heat and bitiing bugs !

Headed to stand will keep you all updated throughout day or until it rains

Well I have only seen a fawn and tree rats kinda wet and sky is dark

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    I haven't hunted since last Sunday. Just to hot for me to be out in the woods. Hopefully I will get out some this coming week. The cooler temps forecasted are much more to my liking.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

Haven't been out since Sunday, due to work. Was going to go out this morning but didn't feel like sitting in the rain. Went and checked the game cam though. Been pretty slow on the pics where I have my cam at. Have some doe movement but as far as bucks, few and far between. But its just a small property. They still have their beans in and a large corn field buts up against it. I'm VERRY confident once they get the corn out the deer movement will increase! Small property with huge potential for big bucks...the proof is in the pudding . I took a 151" buck out of there last year and have video of another 140-150 class buck there this year. Beans are ready but with all this rain hitting us now gonna be at least another week or 2 i would guess. Corn should be ready in another 2 Weeks or so.

Wanted to get out this weekend but didn't because of the heat. Next weekend is looking to be cooler. I'll be out.

As of a few days ago ( Guernsey/Harrison Counties) Bucks were still in "frat" mode. Caught the big 8pt. I am familiar with bedded down 12 feet off the dirt road.... he was with another known small 6. Saw the 8's tall tines under a pine... we backed the truck up cuz we thought we were seeing things, and they jumped. Could have hit him with a spitball.

well made it out tonight for an evening sit
    was much nicer than Saturdays hot weather, and yesterday was a rained out for me
    was 62 degree's and a slight 4-5 mph winds from the north, but seemed to switch directions at will, in one ear then the opther back and forth
    got on stand about 4 pm, didn't see anything but tree rats till about 6:15, then had a nice 4 yr old 8 pointer show up, been watching him age last 3 yrs, grows almost the same exact rack every yr, doesn't seem to be gaining any inches either? maybe 125" or so, gross
    had him at 40-30-20-10-5 yrds for about 10 minutes as he fed past me very very slowly
    tempting to shoot due to he is old, and doesn't seem to be getting any bigger, and heck, always nice to not have to put so many hr's in,
    BUT, never get one I want doing that, and heck, he's managed to make it this long, maybe he has one yr in him, and maybe next yr will be the yr he adds some inches?
    he was traveling with a small 4 pointer
    and after they left, that was it for deer for tonights sit, SLOW action
    was 58 degree's when I left, so just a 5 degree drop, calling for colder temps this week as it goes on
    will try again tomorrow evening!

Thread Information