Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2013/2014 Daily Hunting Report, Deer Activity, Season Information & Rut Report HERE!

Hybrid View

well made it out tonight for an evening sit
    was much nicer than Saturdays hot weather, and yesterday was a rained out for me
    was 62 degree's and a slight 4-5 mph winds from the north, but seemed to switch directions at will, in one ear then the opther back and forth
    got on stand about 4 pm, didn't see anything but tree rats till about 6:15, then had a nice 4 yr old 8 pointer show up, been watching him age last 3 yrs, grows almost the same exact rack every yr, doesn't seem to be gaining any inches either? maybe 125" or so, gross
    had him at 40-30-20-10-5 yrds for about 10 minutes as he fed past me very very slowly
    tempting to shoot due to he is old, and doesn't seem to be getting any bigger, and heck, always nice to not have to put so many hr's in,
    BUT, never get one I want doing that, and heck, he's managed to make it this long, maybe he has one yr in him, and maybe next yr will be the yr he adds some inches?
    he was traveling with a small 4 pointer
    and after they left, that was it for deer for tonights sit, SLOW action
    was 58 degree's when I left, so just a 5 degree drop, calling for colder temps this week as it goes on
    will try again tomorrow evening!

Haven't hunted yet which is very unusual for me, spent the month of sept at the beach with the family then came home with a bad cold so I've been hanging stands and preparing for the last two weeks of October and November, then I'll be spending every minute possible in the woods.

I got my first doe of the year in the freezer on Sept 30th 2013 after everyone went back to work...and a batch of summer sausage in the oven as I type.. now to work on second tag.

Last year I didn't fill my tags because my father took ill & I had to fly in and out from Ohio to Kansas till the end of March this year...Wasn't sure I was going to hunt still feeling out of it and it amazes me what people try to do when they know your an exactor of an estate..I sure am glad my boys talked me into going out this year, nothing better then being in the woods the quiet & all the animals and the funny stunts they pull...Sure does clear the head...Happy Hunting everyone be safe out there..Sherry

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	securedownload[1].jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	10362
    I don't care who you are, but when your in the woods and it turns pitch black, your mind can really play tricks on you expecially when you don't know the woods. :001_07:

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    Congrats on the doe, Sherry. A great way to clear the mind.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

Hunted Monday, Tuesday and this morning at my Carroll county property. Looks like the barricade I made last April is working well. I could have killed four deer in the last three days, two button bucks, one yearling doe, and one giant adult doe. All four were broadside at less than 20 yards. Didn't see any bucks though. I saw no scrapes rubs or buck sign over the last three days. A little early for my property to turn on though.

I had photos of my neighbor to the north cutting through my creek bottom to cut firewood on my neighbors property to the south. I gave him permission to do this in the spring and summer months. But told him not to do it in the fall. I put up no entry signs Monday at about noon. He came down Monday afternoon and saw the signs and turned around. He is a good neighbor and just needed a reminder that it is hunting season. Hopefully this takes care of this issue, my camera will tell the story.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sunp1118.jpg  

well I hope he did, nothing worse than an atv showing up after your all settled in on a stand

well made it out this evening, much cooler again today than yesterday, 58 going in, 50 coming out and dropping
    had overcast weather all day, felt like it was going to rain or snow, expected to see deer early, so got on stand at about 4 pm
    well I was wrong, didn't see a thing till about 6 pm, then they started to show up
    I was set up off a bean field food plot, I had deer at about 150 yrds and at 50 yrds and deer at about 80 yrds all at the same time, ONLY the deer in the middle at about 80 yrds were on high super high alert, kept snortting and running out of field back into the woods, then back out for 5 minutes and then snort and run off again, they did this over and over till dark, other deer never even looked at them?? so go figure what there problem was, wind was blowing from them to me, so??
    and was a steady wind too. overall had 12 deer show up, all doe and yearlyings, but two small bucks, one 4 and one 5 pointer
    slow night more or less even with 12 deer coming out!
    try again tomorrow if it doesn't rain!

The cooler temps are a big plus. I'm trying to hunt the cooler days of the week also. Going to be in the 70's for the next 4-6 days. I'm supposed to take some youth hunters out this weekend. Wish the weather would be cooler.

ty be safe out there...and good luck
    I don't care who you are, but when your in the woods and it turns pitch black, your mind can really play tricks on you expecially when you don't know the woods. :001_07:

well made it out for an evening hunt, got in stand at about 4 pm, steady light breeze, with heavy overcast sky's
    wanting to rain
    and warm, 72 degree's and humid
    seen first deer a yearlying button buck at 5:45, followed by its mother who made mroe grunts than I think any doe I ever heard, she gruntes bleated what ever, made noises non stop for the 45+ minutes she fed in front of me, she made noised while eating things too, LOL
    then a lot of other deer showed up, all walked past me at 20 yrds or less but 3, which came out about 65 yrds from and bever came closer
    all in all seen 13 deer, 4 bucks, biggest beinga very small 6 pointer
    by dark it was drizzling / raining and still in the upper 60's
    wrm sit, but active deer so, past time well!
    try again tomorrow if its not raining heavy!

Thread Information