Thread: 2013/2014 Daily Hunting Report, Deer Activity, Season Information & Rut Report HERE!

Hybrid View

Out last night in Summit County. Nice night in the deer woods, little activity though. Saw 3 does about 6:00pm and a coyote. The biggest of the group was blowing at the coyote as loud as I have ever heard. The coyote eventually left the area, not offering a shot. No other action to speak of. Scrapes starting to show on field edges, didn't see any rubs. Hope to get out again on Friday.
    Limbsaver DZ-30, Carbon Express Terminator Lite, 100 gr steelhead, Tru-Glo, Tru-Fire

Hunted with a friend on a piece of property near Hopedale on Saturday morning for the early Muzzleloader season. Saw a spike, Then 2 young six points (probably both two year olds), then a doe that never offered a shot. the 2 young bucks put on quite the show. They fought hard for a while at about 75 yards in front of me then rubbed trees as they made their way to the bedding area. They hung out together on the way in and out of the area so I'm sure it was just a bit of sparring and not so much rut activity. it sure was fun to watch though!

10/16/13 evening sit
    well was very overcast today all day and seemed liek it was going to rain any minute, a few miles west and north of me was getting a bad storm, and I was being just missed by it all
    it was cooler, low 60's and a very slight breeze
    seemed like a good day for ealrier deer movement
    and well almost was
    got on stand at 4 pm, had first deer show up at like 4:01 pm and busted me getting set up in the tree, NO idea where it came from, it was so dry and crunchy, must have been there the whole time I walked in and just never seen it, was like 5 yrds from base of tree when I seen it staring at me! and then it just walked away, no snorting or running, just a slow walk, even fed on some beans as it left
    then nothing till almost darl, when a doe and a yearlying showed up at about 150 yrds out down wind of me??
    and then one more blob, too dark at this point to tell what it was, so just a deer, joined them buck /doe???
    and that was it? so much for a good deer movement day LOl
    maybe I picked the wrong stand ??
    Oh well try again tomorrow I guess!

been doing quite a bit of reading on various sites about current deer activity and the impending rut. Seems the October lull is in full swing.. fresh buck sign is starting to pop up, with the occasional young buck chasing a doe. The cold front next week could very well get the ball rolling.

I have enjoyed reading the Charles Altzheimer rut predictions (related to moon phase), but am wondering if he is going to be off the mark this year with his prediction. What do you guys think, based on your observations of sign, deer movement, etc..

Im curious too! A friend that we go to church with had a pic on his camera of a buck mounting a doe! Makes me curious if she was "in" or he was just hoping she was? I can't believe she actually would let him get that close to her!

Mike

well, after a week of the site being on "Lock down", what is everyone seeing? The reports I am getting are suggesting that now is the time to be in the woods...and that it will continue to get better the next two plus weeks. Any thoughts?

Been out a couple times since the site has been down. Haven't seen a lot around here,a few does and a small buck. The last 2 Weeks on my game cam has been unreal, buck after buck after buck. Switched out my card today and have more bucks. Found about 6 scrapes in a 50 yard stretch. Unfortunately most of the movement had been at night but what i'm hearing is Nov 9 is going to be the week. I will be posting some pics on the trail cam thread. Also I have been seeing quite a bit of does out in the fields on my way to work the last 2 Weeks. So they are definitely starting to move a lot better.

Thread Information