Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2013/2014 Daily Hunting Report, Deer Activity, Season Information & Rut Report HERE!

ty be safe out there...and good luck
    I don't care who you are, but when your in the woods and it turns pitch black, your mind can really play tricks on you expecially when you don't know the woods. :001_07:

well made it out for an evening hunt, got in stand at about 4 pm, steady light breeze, with heavy overcast sky's
    wanting to rain
    and warm, 72 degree's and humid
    seen first deer a yearlying button buck at 5:45, followed by its mother who made mroe grunts than I think any doe I ever heard, she gruntes bleated what ever, made noises non stop for the 45+ minutes she fed in front of me, she made noised while eating things too, LOL
    then a lot of other deer showed up, all walked past me at 20 yrds or less but 3, which came out about 65 yrds from and bever came closer
    all in all seen 13 deer, 4 bucks, biggest beinga very small 6 pointer
    by dark it was drizzling / raining and still in the upper 60's
    wrm sit, but active deer so, past time well!
    try again tomorrow if its not raining heavy!

Have seen nine deer already this morning only one in range with the hoyt a 130" 8 point at 33 yards haven't heard a lot of shots either

went out last night, had a small 10 pass right behind me at 10 yards, another about 60 yards out in front of me and on the way out the road had another small buck go across the road. seems that the bucks are starting to move about a little atleast the younger ones.
    MARINE CORPS 2111

well again just an evening sit, got on stand at about 5 pm, in the 70's steady winds with some gusts , had the first deer show up at about 505pm, didn't even sit down and a doe and small button buck came out about 10 ft from the base of my tree, they came a running from swamp to food plot at 100MPH LOL
    then about 6 pm a small 6 pointer came out again almost at the base of my tree
    then, at about 6;20 , had a Huge group of doe, 16 in all, and just one yearlying?? all the rest were all full size does,?? makes me wonder how many my coyotes and bear ate??

then at last light had 3 small bucks show up, 2 small 4 pointers and one spike with just one side on, either broke other side off or never had it??

overall a lot of deer but no bucks really, or big ones
    no Sunday hunting so have to wait till Monday!

10/14/2013
    evening sit
    was HOT today upper 70's and slight breeze if any
    got on stabnd about 5 pm, thinking deer movement wouldn't be much till almost dark, and was right
    did see a bear a small one, maybe 150 lbs at 5;20, running for dear lfe out of the corn field, must have been a bigger one in there that kicked him off what ever he was eating, poor little guy! ran about 150 yerds before I lost sight of him, and again, it was HOT out, so sure he was a huffing and a puffing when he stopped to?? HAHA!

first deer showed up at like 6:15 pm, a small 3 pointer followed by a second 3 pointer, a fork horn one side and a broken spike on other, thus 3, and thena nice 2.5 yr old 8 pointer maybe like 60 inches LOL
    they fed in the bean between 20 abd 15 yrds from me till dark
    at about 6:30 I had a doe and fawn show up, then at 6;30 had another broken rack, nt non typial 8, that broke his non typical side off just out of velver, so now a 6 pointer LOl
    then had8 more doe and a small 4 pointers show between 6;30 and dark, most were all in under 20 yrds while entering the field, so guess I picked the right corner to sit in, but nothing worth getting excited about
    all in all a nice sit, wish it was colder, but till next time!

10/15/13 evening hunt
    70's warm very sunny, slight winds at times, woods were very quiet, lots of geese flyning south over head today
    on stand at 4:30 pm, first deer showed up at 6 pm, a small 6 pointer, came out right under my ladderstand I was in, and stood at the base looking over the food plot for 10 minutes and din't move a muscle , winds, the little there was was blowing from me to it, but think it was over its head if any scent
    he then proceeded to feed till dark about 15 yrds from mem, till just at last light a doe and 2 yearlying showed up and he ran over to meet them, then a small spike showed up and ran to them all, so 5 deer in all, slowest sit this yr!
    slow evening more or less, still too warm I think, and the big bright moon now, isn't helping I think, making them come out later and later
    Oh well, try again tomorrow, maybe Saturday will try a morning!

Out last night in Summit County. Nice night in the deer woods, little activity though. Saw 3 does about 6:00pm and a coyote. The biggest of the group was blowing at the coyote as loud as I have ever heard. The coyote eventually left the area, not offering a shot. No other action to speak of. Scrapes starting to show on field edges, didn't see any rubs. Hope to get out again on Friday.
    Limbsaver DZ-30, Carbon Express Terminator Lite, 100 gr steelhead, Tru-Glo, Tru-Fire

Hunted with a friend on a piece of property near Hopedale on Saturday morning for the early Muzzleloader season. Saw a spike, Then 2 young six points (probably both two year olds), then a doe that never offered a shot. the 2 young bucks put on quite the show. They fought hard for a while at about 75 yards in front of me then rubbed trees as they made their way to the bedding area. They hung out together on the way in and out of the area so I'm sure it was just a bit of sparring and not so much rut activity. it sure was fun to watch though!

10/16/13 evening sit
    well was very overcast today all day and seemed liek it was going to rain any minute, a few miles west and north of me was getting a bad storm, and I was being just missed by it all
    it was cooler, low 60's and a very slight breeze
    seemed like a good day for ealrier deer movement
    and well almost was
    got on stand at 4 pm, had first deer show up at like 4:01 pm and busted me getting set up in the tree, NO idea where it came from, it was so dry and crunchy, must have been there the whole time I walked in and just never seen it, was like 5 yrds from base of tree when I seen it staring at me! and then it just walked away, no snorting or running, just a slow walk, even fed on some beans as it left
    then nothing till almost darl, when a doe and a yearlying showed up at about 150 yrds out down wind of me??
    and then one more blob, too dark at this point to tell what it was, so just a deer, joined them buck /doe???
    and that was it? so much for a good deer movement day LOl
    maybe I picked the wrong stand ??
    Oh well try again tomorrow I guess!

Thread Information