Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2013/2014 Daily Hunting Report, Deer Activity, Season Information & Rut Report HERE!

Hybrid View

As of a few days ago ( Guernsey/Harrison Counties) Bucks were still in "frat" mode. Caught the big 8pt. I am familiar with bedded down 12 feet off the dirt road.... he was with another known small 6. Saw the 8's tall tines under a pine... we backed the truck up cuz we thought we were seeing things, and they jumped. Could have hit him with a spitball.

well made it out tonight for an evening sit
    was much nicer than Saturdays hot weather, and yesterday was a rained out for me
    was 62 degree's and a slight 4-5 mph winds from the north, but seemed to switch directions at will, in one ear then the opther back and forth
    got on stand about 4 pm, didn't see anything but tree rats till about 6:15, then had a nice 4 yr old 8 pointer show up, been watching him age last 3 yrs, grows almost the same exact rack every yr, doesn't seem to be gaining any inches either? maybe 125" or so, gross
    had him at 40-30-20-10-5 yrds for about 10 minutes as he fed past me very very slowly
    tempting to shoot due to he is old, and doesn't seem to be getting any bigger, and heck, always nice to not have to put so many hr's in,
    BUT, never get one I want doing that, and heck, he's managed to make it this long, maybe he has one yr in him, and maybe next yr will be the yr he adds some inches?
    he was traveling with a small 4 pointer
    and after they left, that was it for deer for tonights sit, SLOW action
    was 58 degree's when I left, so just a 5 degree drop, calling for colder temps this week as it goes on
    will try again tomorrow evening!

Haven't hunted yet which is very unusual for me, spent the month of sept at the beach with the family then came home with a bad cold so I've been hanging stands and preparing for the last two weeks of October and November, then I'll be spending every minute possible in the woods.

I got my first doe of the year in the freezer on Sept 30th 2013 after everyone went back to work...and a batch of summer sausage in the oven as I type.. now to work on second tag.

Last year I didn't fill my tags because my father took ill & I had to fly in and out from Ohio to Kansas till the end of March this year...Wasn't sure I was going to hunt still feeling out of it and it amazes me what people try to do when they know your an exactor of an estate..I sure am glad my boys talked me into going out this year, nothing better then being in the woods the quiet & all the animals and the funny stunts they pull...Sure does clear the head...Happy Hunting everyone be safe out there..Sherry

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	securedownload[1].jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	10362
    I don't care who you are, but when your in the woods and it turns pitch black, your mind can really play tricks on you expecially when you don't know the woods. :001_07:

Out last night in Summit County. Nice night in the deer woods, little activity though. Saw 3 does about 6:00pm and a coyote. The biggest of the group was blowing at the coyote as loud as I have ever heard. The coyote eventually left the area, not offering a shot. No other action to speak of. Scrapes starting to show on field edges, didn't see any rubs. Hope to get out again on Friday.
    Limbsaver DZ-30, Carbon Express Terminator Lite, 100 gr steelhead, Tru-Glo, Tru-Fire

Hunted with a friend on a piece of property near Hopedale on Saturday morning for the early Muzzleloader season. Saw a spike, Then 2 young six points (probably both two year olds), then a doe that never offered a shot. the 2 young bucks put on quite the show. They fought hard for a while at about 75 yards in front of me then rubbed trees as they made their way to the bedding area. They hung out together on the way in and out of the area so I'm sure it was just a bit of sparring and not so much rut activity. it sure was fun to watch though!

Lots of action this morning. Southwestern Ohio buddy and I saw 4 bucks and several does. Bucks were clearly following does, but not yet in full rut or chasing activity - but I'll bet it comes with the cold later this week!

Yea the last couple of days I have seen some of the smaller bucks following does but no big ones until this morning. At about 730am I had a 10pt or more (150+ inch) run by me at about 15 yds. He never stopped. I grunted and he just kept running right by me and couldn't get any shoot. I Was upset but I guess it's good to know he's in the area and running in daylight. Hopefully he shows his face again. Rut should be getting in full swing very soon.
    STROTHER INFINITY
    RIPCORD REST
    TRUGLOW SIGHT
    ICS BEMAN ARROWS
    TRU-FIRE RELEASE
    28.5 DRAW 65LBS

Have seen nine deer already this morning only one in range with the hoyt a 130" 8 point at 33 yards haven't heard a lot of shots either

went out last night, had a small 10 pass right behind me at 10 yards, another about 60 yards out in front of me and on the way out the road had another small buck go across the road. seems that the bucks are starting to move about a little atleast the younger ones.
    MARINE CORPS 2111

Thread Information