Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2013-2014 deer check in and pic's

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonegod View Post
    Sounds like you need to make better shots mrbb?
    Can't get any better than "in the boiler room". Sometimes things happen beyond our control. I'm sure Stan made every effort to find these deer.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

Sarcasm......Dick.....just sarcasm! I'm sure Stan made good shots and did everything possible to retrieve his deer.
    Enjoy your hunt- the long sit......... the cold.......the rain and snow......the peace and quiet, it may just be your last hunt........... you never know.

I should have known you were being serious.

Quote Originally Posted by hortontoter View Post
    I should have known you weren't being serious.
    Yes you should of young man!lol
    Enjoy your hunt- the long sit......... the cold.......the rain and snow......the peace and quiet, it may just be your last hunt........... you never know.

HAHAH, well, I do my best to make the best killing shots I can, but I swear to this day, all them shots were spot on, it was like them deer just wouldn'
    t die for me!
    looked for days, hired a tracking dog(a guy off this site too), got several bneighboprs involved in looking
    after almost 30 yrs of hunting, that was the first time I lost deer with hits like them, non of the deer ran away after being shot too, they stood there in front of me bleeding like water out of a garden hose and just walked off out of sight, all but the one that bedded in sight of me, and I watched him , what I thought was dying, his head would touch the ground, then a minute later pick it up, and then down again, over and over till dark
    never thought he wouldn't be there next morning!
    was my worst hunting trip in all my yrs
    almost gave up hunting after that deal
    3 great bucks in 10 days and not a deer to bring home
    every shot was a full pass thru, and every arrow was covered in bright red blood, and 20 yrd shots at standing still not spooked deer
    some times I guess its just not in the cards, or?? I don't know how to explain that yr! just sucked!

Currently Mason, but raised in adams county
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ben cox.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	10338
    These are the deer that my buddy and I were lucky enough to bag early this season. Mine was taken on opening evening, his was taken monday evening. So we had two big bucks down before october. I'd say that we'll probably never do that again!

Yeah, I'd bet the ranch it will be a while before you two pull that off again.

Quote Originally Posted by hortontoter View Post
    Yeah, I'd bet the ranch it will be a while before you two pull that off again.
    We've been friends and hunting buddies for years now Dick.....and I never knew you owned a ranch!!lol

Mrbb,
    My god that sounds like a terrible week of hunting... I'm pretty sure I'd switch broad heads after loosing 3! Or bust out the block and work n the shots I've always had massive blood trails and holes so big you can put your nature fist through the hole. I like Montec as well for a fixed head, those little things are incredibly deadly. Best of luck to ya this season!

Quote Originally Posted by In The Stand2012 View Post
    Mrbb,
    My god that sounds like a terrible week of hunting... I'm pretty sure I'd switch broad heads after loosing 3! Or bust out the block and work n the shots I've always had massive blood trails and holes so big you can put your nature fist through the hole. I like Montec as well for a fixed head, those little things are incredibly deadly. Best of luck to ya this season!

I have since killed a few deer with the rages, but to be honest, I have had less pass thrus with them, than other heads
    the deer that died the fastest, last few yrs all didn't get a pass thru with them(out of an X bow, under 25 yrds)

and that yr I threw my bow about about 50 yrds after loosing the last deer, and due to back injuries, swapped over to an x bow
    PSE was nice enought to put new lmbs on it after that for free LOL
    but I used to shoot very well, just seemed like them deer had way too much will to survive, and an excess amount of blood, or something! LOL
    herat breaking Is all I can really say, hope no one ever has it happen to them, just sucked doesn't say it well enough!
    but thats hunting I guess , up and down's of all kinds

Thread Information