Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Smoking up

well my 2 censt on smoking up
    I personal;ly think all animals find fire to be danger
    in area's that lots of folks burn wood, it might be taken as less danger and a more common smell
    but at the same time, if you are in an area that smoke smell isn't normal, and you go in smelling like a fire
    I have to think deer will pin point your location in a tree on the ground and thus, make you stand out to them, and have them more focused on your location, and also think many might avoind the area all together
    does it mean no deer will ever come in, NO, all deer do things different than other deer, if they have reason to be there odds are they will be there unless a solid more reason is about for them to not be there
    But again, I think they can pin point you and thus make any small movements more noticed by deer
    just think about it, if your in aroom and someone farts< hey we all do it,
    but you start looking to see who did it?
    smoke in the woods where its not normally there or as strong, ??
    I think is the same deal
    will it cver up human odor? I guess it can
    but at the same time its adding a new odor to the place
    so I prefer to use other ways try to trick there nose
    in my eye's tryibng to smell less of anything is best!
    but we all can do as we want, it how it should be
    if you have confidence, your odds will always be better I think too!
    and if you have skills, a ton more on your side of upping the odds!

Quote Originally Posted by mrbb View Post
    well my 2 censt on smoking up
    I personal;ly think all animals find fire to be danger
    in area's that lots of folks burn wood, it might be taken as less danger and a more common smell
    but at the same time, if you are in an area that smoke smell isn't normal, and you go in smelling like a fire
    I have to think deer will pin point your location in a tree on the ground and thus, make you stand out to them, and have them more focused on your location, and also think many might avoind the area all together
    does it mean no deer will ever come in, NO, all deer do things different than other deer, if they have reason to be there odds are they will be there unless a solid more reason is about for them to not be there
    But again, I think they can pin point you and thus make any small movements more noticed by deer
    just think about it, if your in aroom and someone farts< hey we all do it,
    but you start looking to see who did it

smoke in the woods where its not normally there or as strong, ??
    I think is the same deal
    will it cver up human odor? I guess it can
    but at the same time its adding a new odor to the place
    so I prefer to use other ways try to trick there nose
    in my eye's tryibng to smell less of anything is best!
    but we all can do as we want, it how it should be
    if you have confidence, your odds will always be better I think too!
    and if you have skills, a ton more on your side of upping the odds!
    I tried it last yr. seems to work, I'm in a tree right now . I feel even if a deer comes in down wind I still have a chance . I have not been busted yet. If I do, I'll let you know. Give it a try . I'd be interested in what you think then. You may be surprised. I think you can teach an old dog new tricks. LOL !
    what goes around, comes around. (I sure do hope so)!!

Quote Originally Posted by Griz View Post
    I tried it last yr. seems to work, I'm in a tree right now . I feel even if a deer comes in down wind I still have a chance . I have not been busted yet. If I do, I'll let you know. Give it a try . I'd be interested in what you think then. You may be surprised. I think you can teach an old dog new tricks. LOL !
    no I will not try as for 2 reasons, one I very very seldom ever get busted with what all I do now, and second, and maybe mroe inportant, no one within a few miles of me burns wood where I hunt
    so here it would I think not work that well, and be more of a give away than a cover up help

Ok mrbb, you don't have too . But if you don't try it then you just don't know if it works.
    what goes around, comes around. (I sure do hope so)!!

Quote Originally Posted by Griz View Post
    Ok mrbb, you don't have too . But if you don't try it then you just don't know if it works.
    well I am not saying it won't work, just pointing out some logical reasons why I don't do it
    I have no issue's with getting scented doing what I do, so no reason to change
    and I have deer most sits 360 degrees about me for hrs at a time, and don't get scented much
    I do work hard at being scent free as possible,
    and liek I said in places where wood burning is a regular deal, sure it works best
    here fire is a danger alert to most critters

well mrbb what do you do as a scent killer or cover scent just curious as I am always looking for new ways to see more deer and not get busted due to scent

Quote Originally Posted by 00buck View Post
    well mrbb what do you do as a scent killer or cover scent just curious as I am always looking for new ways to see more deer and not get busted due to scent
    sent you a PM< don't want to HI jack this post anymore than what maybe I have!

Thread Information