Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: first day success?

first day success?

OK how many people really think they will tag out on opening day?
    I know I don't expect to, to be honest, it will be a low odds deal if I tag out at all,
    just because I really haven't seen anything here I want to tag
    I am not a doe hunters anymore, gave up trying to get numbers in check
    so who here really thinks they will tag MR Big opening day
    or just there first time out?

and how many think its more of a rut deal maker?? to tag him?

Most think....or hope....to get one on opening day.....put few if any will. Me....well I won't since I won't be hunting on opening day.
    Enjoy your hunt- the long sit......... the cold.......the rain and snow......the peace and quiet, it may just be your last hunt........... you never know.

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    I'm really hoping the deer I want doesn't show up on opening day or even the first week to be honest. The weather is just to warm to have to get a deer out of the woods and to a processer. Most processers are closed on Sunday also which creates a problem.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

Yea I don't want to see some of the nicer bucks on the property opening weekend. I would like the weather to cool down some more. I am hoping for for a doe on Saturday that would be nice. I like jerky and summer sausage. I am taking my dad out and this is his first year with a crossbow. I'm hoping he gets his first deer.
    STROTHER INFINITY
    RIPCORD REST
    TRUGLOW SIGHT
    ICS BEMAN ARROWS
    TRU-FIRE RELEASE
    28.5 DRAW 65LBS

I just want to sit in a stand all day and personnally observe the deer in my area.

Hopefully depends on what I see

I've tagged out on 4 opening day in the past but its rare for me. I have to have a certain buck I want and then watch him a month before the season starts. I deffinitly don't have that problem this year as I havnt seen the first buck I'd shoot yet. But I've gotta say, as I get older i don't want it to end that soon. I think I've learned more from deer the years I didn't shoot any bucks.

As far as a buck goes? I would say there is a 95% chance I won't get a shot at one of my target bucks. On the other hand I full well expect to take out a doe opening day.

Not a snowballs chance in ____...
    I'm setting in a new area opening day. I've walked it a few times. Never put a trail cam out so not sure what's using the area. I do have a few trails running through and 6 white oaks. It will be interesting to see what comes by. Got to love public land
    If a nice buck walks by I'll send an arrow. Plus I will have the camera ready.

Hi All, New here. I don't expect to get anything on Saturday, I did get close to three does when scouting Last Sunday. 20 feet close and never did spook them. That was with dirty blue jeans and a black tee shirt! But with a bow in hand it is hard to get that lucky. For opening day I am looking for meat.

Thread Information