Thread: Tree Stand Time Makes You Appreciate

Tree Stand Time Makes You Appreciate

Deer season and the the fall season in general, really make me appreciate where I live (SE Ohio) and the opportunities I have had with my sons to spend the beautiful season outdoors. I started bowhunting at the age of 43, but 2 of my three sons have already taken deer at the ages of 19 and 14. I appreciate all of the help from guys on this forum who have been helpful in dishing out advice (and criticism) that has been helpful. My third son is eight and will be attempting his first bow kill (with a compound) this season.

Good luck to you and your sons. This is my second year hunting and this will be my wife's first year.

Good luck to you and the boys. I started hunting when I was 11 with my dad and grand dad. Neither is with us anymore but I sure miss them both. I hope someday I can hunt with my baby who is due at the beginning of April.

This is also my second year hunting. I love being in my stand. It gives me much needed time to myself. I love the fall. The smell. The beauty. The sounds. I love watching the sunrise and sunset. Even when I don't see anything it's worth being out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

After a busy season running my landscaping/hardscaping company it's nice and peaceful to just have some quite time to myself. Though that won't be happening for another month and a half and I send my crews home for the winter. Then it's my time, 3 1/2 months to hunt all I want....when I want. Give me some cold....snowy weather....and I'm a happy guy!
    Enjoy your hunt- the long sit......... the cold.......the rain and snow......the peace and quiet, it may just be your last hunt........... you never know.

well I agree some of the best of times in my life have been hunting, sitting up a tree to in the middle of no where
    you get to see so many cool things if your out there , things people that don't hunt will never appreciate or see!
    but I have to admit, after almost 30 yrs of sitting up tree's
    and spending 3 + months a yr hunting
    I am starting to get burned out LOL
    so best of luck to you and your kids, hope they all get a big deer, and have many many more yrs enjoying the sport with you

It is definitely the best times. Both of my sons have taken deer with bows. My daughter and my wife have both been out a few times but haven't had the privilege of getting one yet. Maybe one day we will have 5 successful deer hunters in the family. My oldest grandson isn't too far off either.

A tree stand in the woods is a front row seat for God's magnificient creations and a great place to be still and reflect on His grace and blessings in all of our lives. How fortunate we are to live in a free country and be blessed with the time, money and health to participate in such a wonderful pursuit. And there's nothing quite like watching the sun rise and light up a piece of ground that you bust your butt to pay for.

-Brian

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    Many times I sit and wonder what my life would have been if my dad hadn't introduced me to hunting, fishing, trapping and the outdoors. I think of all the guys in high school that spent their money on cigarettes and beer, while I spent mine on traps, .410 and 22 rifle ammo.

I've been chasing critters for 45+ years and feel life has been more than good. Like mrbb said, those that don't hunt will never understand us.

Laying on your back in the predawn darkness, listening to the lonely call of a hen mallard, as meteors streak across the November sky. Breaking ice on a cold December morning to set decoys. Sitting against the trunk of a oak tree, that has seen over 100 years of sunrises, just hoping a buck will stroll by. Sitting beside your father, brother, son or daughter in the October squirrel woods with the trees ablaze and leaves slowly tumbling in the breeze. Telling stories of past hunts while roasting hot dogs over the campfire.

I've been blessed to have done all these things and so many more. These are times that will forever be etched in my memory.

I actually feel bad for people that will never experience times like these.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

Well said Senator!

Quote Originally Posted by Stickbowcrafter View Post
    A tree stand in the woods is a front row seat for God's magnificient creations and a great place to be still and reflect on His grace and blessings in all of our lives. How fortunate we are to live in a free country and be blessed with the time, money and health to participate in such a wonderful pursuit. And there's nothing quite like watching the sun rise and light up a piece of ground that you bust your butt to pay for.

-Brian

Thread Information