Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: time

Quote Originally Posted by hortontoter View Post
    I normally walk in just as day breaks. I don't like stumbling around in the dark, the boogie man might get me.
    thats funny i get into my stand also about an hour before but i dont worry about the boogie man

I like to be at my stand 45 minutes before shooting light. I like to be settled in no less than 1/2 hour before sunrise.

Like most of you, I like the 45-60 minute rule also.

-Brian

Yep. 30 to 60 minutes before hand.
    "All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us. They can't get away this time."
    LtGen Lewis B. “Chesty” Puller - USMC

Depends on where, if I hunt near crops ill be in the tree at 5:30am if I hunt near a bedding area ill be in the tree at 4:30-5 am. I like to get my tree super early a lot of deer move that last hour of actual darkness.
    Mathews Z7
    @70/29"
    Exttreme Ranger site
    QAD Ultra Rest
    CArbon Exacta/Rage 2 Blade @ 432grs.

Man, there is nothing that makes me more alive than being in the woods a good 90-120 minutes before sunrise....adrenaline pumps like never any other time....there is so much movement one hour before sunrise that I want to be situated perfectly before that moving around starts....you cannot see me, but you can only imagine all the stuff that's going on and the noises you hear that early is crazy. It's awesome. Like I said, I never feel more alive and closer to nature than those few hours. Makes for a tired day but man is it worth it. Now it's another story once it gets cold out, then I might skip the 2 hour rule and just get there an hour before sunrise but this time of year is so awesome to be in your stand as early as you can muster. Your won't be unhappy.

I got into my blind 45min before light this morning. Man the Owls were hooting like crazy! Now I know what happened to the squirrels

Thread Information