Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: time

Hybrid View

I like to be at my stand at least 30+ minutes before shooting light
    I like to walk in slow, and then get set up and be ready, and have a good 30 to 60 minutes of dark for things to calm down from me walking in
    I know for a fact if I get in earlier, I always have deer going past me to bedding area's behind me
    and about 60% of all deer are bedded up before day light, so morning where I hunt don't pull me like evenings do
    I am not a morning person either add in I have a 40 minute walk to stand fro parking spot, and then a 25 minute drive to where I hunt
    makes for very early wake up's
    I tend to hunt more evenings !
    BUt weekends,
    I do more mornings
    more to try to catch trespassers , than deer LOL

I like to be in my stand at a minimum of 45 mins before first light. With a 15 minute drive and hour walk in makes for an early morning. Man I can't wait.

I like to be in my blind as early as possible.....it gives me time to throw a couple of hot pockets in the portable microwave!
    Enjoy your hunt- the long sit......... the cold.......the rain and snow......the peace and quiet, it may just be your last hunt........... you never know.

Depends on where, if I hunt near crops ill be in the tree at 5:30am if I hunt near a bedding area ill be in the tree at 4:30-5 am. I like to get my tree super early a lot of deer move that last hour of actual darkness.
    Mathews Z7
    @70/29"
    Exttreme Ranger site
    QAD Ultra Rest
    CArbon Exacta/Rage 2 Blade @ 432grs.

Man, there is nothing that makes me more alive than being in the woods a good 90-120 minutes before sunrise....adrenaline pumps like never any other time....there is so much movement one hour before sunrise that I want to be situated perfectly before that moving around starts....you cannot see me, but you can only imagine all the stuff that's going on and the noises you hear that early is crazy. It's awesome. Like I said, I never feel more alive and closer to nature than those few hours. Makes for a tired day but man is it worth it. Now it's another story once it gets cold out, then I might skip the 2 hour rule and just get there an hour before sunrise but this time of year is so awesome to be in your stand as early as you can muster. Your won't be unhappy.

I got into my blind 45min before light this morning. Man the Owls were hooting like crazy! Now I know what happened to the squirrels

Thread Information