Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trail Cam Gone!!!

Trail Cam Gone!!!

I went down to check my pics today and my trail cam is gone. This really pisses me off and I hope that these idiots were stupid enough to go try to pawn it in somewhere. I wrote down serial number manufacturer date of this cam and model # before I ever put the cam up. I know that this happens and that there are theives out there too but it just pisses me off because not only did they get my cam but possibly some pics of my shooter bucks and if they are hunters they may try sit in my spot while Im not there. Has anyone else had luck with hitting up local pawn shops and finding their cams there.

No my cameras and feeder and 2 ladder stands and 3 hang ons and 5 trophy rocks were taken in the last 2 weeks went to check them yesterday since I got off work early and they are all gone pisses Me off took 3 cameras and had to cut the locks off stands took me awhile to buy all this stuff and the time to hang and set everything I am in morrow county hunting my parents land

i have been trying to get a pattern down on this 10 point who is my number one shooter and now I am not going to be able to get that down. Only ten days left till season starts and I believe that will be my best time to put him down. especially before this early gun season coming up in October.

well I feel your pain all too well, over the yrs I couldn't tell you how much stuff has ben stolen on me
    plain old sucks
    it will teach you to find better ways to lock crap down, or it has for me
    I still say, I wish trail cam companys would ogger GPS track services on there cam
    I know a TON of guys would be willing to fork out some $$ to find the SOB's that took there cam;s
    or I know I woould
    Might have to save up Bail money first LOL
    and again, not saying they wouldn't get it, but Cuddy back makes teh ONLY dam bear proof metal camera box that protects the dam lock too, I have NOT had one stolen since I started using them
    every other cable lock, or metal box still leaves the lock right there for bolt cutters to simply cut and walk away!
    a shame, so simple to make yet no one else does!

ladder stands, cement the dam legs to the ground, hamme rin some rebar, and cement them to the legs, and bolt the top of the stand to the tree's
    loc's on
    never leave climbing sticks or a way up to them
    I made custom steps that slip on lag bolts, use them for sirt 8 ft or more
    doing this has sure stopped many things from walking off on me
    sucks for the added work, but if you hunt a place all the time, yr after yr, and have a lot of trespassers, its the only way I found to keep stands and camera's there when I want to use them, or 90% of the time now
    still get crooks, but lot less get anything!

Sorry to here that. Sucks that thieves don't understand how much Time and hard earned money goes in to setting up a hunting area. Hope u are able to find the thief or get the camera back. Like mrbb said it's a pain to have to secure everything better but you almost have to now.
    STROTHER INFINITY
    RIPCORD REST
    TRUGLOW SIGHT
    ICS BEMAN ARROWS
    TRU-FIRE RELEASE
    28.5 DRAW 65LBS

i called the police and it didnt do a whole lot of good they said they would look into it and i gave them copys of everything i had for the stuff i kinda wonder if the homeowners insurance could be used

That's not a bad idea. I guess I couldn't hurt to try. That stuff adds up quick. Guess it would depend on what your deductible is.
    STROTHER INFINITY
    RIPCORD REST
    TRUGLOW SIGHT
    ICS BEMAN ARROWS
    TRU-FIRE RELEASE
    28.5 DRAW 65LBS

That just sucks point blank sorry to hear it man.
    ******* man's only natural predator is man himself *********** poet's name buckstalker17 !!!! And to think my highschool teacher told me sitting on my tail all day would get me nothing in life .

BOWTECH CARBON KNIGHT 4.4 LBS LOADED
    QAD REST
    ARMORTECH SIGHTS

That's some BS! It seems like this is becoming more and more common these days. I just moved my camera yesterday and tried to camo it in as much as possible, in hopes no one snags it. And especially on your parents land, that's a little crazy. I would for sure pay a little extra to have a GPS installed on mine, just for cases like this.

sorry cheif didnt mean to jack your thread

Thread Information