Thread: Acorns??

Acorns??

Does anyone else rake them out of their yard and throw them out in your hunting spot??

Well here in Pa , its kinda illegal to do so, so I have never done that for hunting, but have a couple older folks I know that rakethem up and give them to me, and I have dumped piles in front of a trail cam in my backyard a few times, but got tired of a million tree rat pictures, so stopped doing that too, now I just dump tgem out and don't care what eats them
    farther from the house too, as got tired of things in my yard, sheds, buckets and what not's full of acorns from tree rats and chimpmunks filling and hiding them LOL

Nah where I hunt there a plenty of oak trees and acrons so I save the work and hunt where they already are.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

I guess if your set on raking up acrons, I would suggest you just rake up the white one's
    there the one's deer prefer
    so might help if you added a lot more of them to an area, and hunted about it then?
    but lots of extra work, and scent to worry about doing!

the kids pick them up and put them in buckets for me along with apples and pears then i take them out before a hard rain or i use the garden hose on them to wash the scent off

Thread Information