Thread: Deer processing

Deer processing

Looking for some reputable places near Grove city or Ashville area. Just south of Columbus somewhere. I had a private guy do it last year and he cannot do it this year.
    Thanks
    STROTHER INFINITY
    RIPCORD REST
    TRUGLOW SIGHT
    ICS BEMAN ARROWS
    TRU-FIRE RELEASE
    28.5 DRAW 65LBS

I would suggest trying your local archery shops and asking who they like to butcher, or even again, contact your local game warden, as odds are he will; know who is up and up in that business, and also know if there known good or bad
    I know one guy down near Athen, but bet thats too far

I'm not sure of anyone around that area, we usually cut up our own. But if you're going to take it to someone who hasn't cut one up for you yet, I would recommend finding out what cuts you're getting first, i.e. chops, steaks, burger, roasts, etc. I have taken mine to a local shop and he gave me a bunch of cuts I didn't like/want. He packaged up the ribs, which contained for all of them, maybe 1/2 of meat, also shanks from the legs, hardly any meat on them. So make sure you know what you're getting.

I've only shot a handful of deer but managed to figure out how to process them myself. It's not too hard. Google "
    Kentucky Afield Deer Processing DVD". It's a great resource from start to finish.

I do my own processing always did. I like to pack it the way I want to and it is a skill well worth learning. I have also heard bad stories about butchers.

Thread Information