Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Odnr

Odnr

Yea it is a fun discussion and I get all your points as far as if they had orange or not On the blind I have no idea it was just a brief summery of a news article I read As far as drives I don't judge because people do them I all ways ask them not to judge me cause I don't be leave in doing them just to many safety concerns for me the week of gun season I just stay home just for the fact that there are to many hunters shooting hunters that week. Bow season is like 4 months in ohio so I give the gun hunters there week. Nothing against anyone ever.i just be leave there a diff between I man doing a spot and stalk and 7-10 guys walking a field in a row and start unloading on the first deer that jumps up and starts running Now I know before to long someone is gonna start beating me up on bird hunting. Lol
    ******* man's only natural predator is man himself *********** poet's name buckstalker17 !!!! And to think my highschool teacher told me sitting on my tail all day would get me nothing in life .

BOWTECH CARBON KNIGHT 4.4 LBS LOADED
    QAD REST
    ARMORTECH SIGHTS

This is a great topic. I believe that a game warden or any law enforcement official can stop you and check for a tag if they see the harvested animal in your vehicle. I know of a few people that have been stopped near where I hunt for this reason.

I sadly also agree with the thought of restricting drives. Her is my reason. Although there really aren't many accidents due to this it can really mess up the deer movements for the rest of the season. What I'm afraid of is with the early muzzle loader season this will be the case. The property I hunt is like a bowling alley. It's about 600 feet wide and 3500+ feet deep. I typically sit at the back of the property. On either side of us the property is owned by the same person who lives out of state. He is around every couple of weekends or so. He gave us a real hard time when we approached him to ask permission to go on his property to track a deer in the event we needed to. He told us he only allows the neighbor ( an Amish guy) to hunt on his property. After a long and frustrating discussion he agreed to allow us to retrieve a deer if need be. When gun season came around we got up early and headed out to our respective stands. Myself and my two hunting partners got settled in and awaited what we thought was going to be a great day. When the sun came up we didn't realize that when we were told that only the Amish guy was allowed to hunt on either side of us that meant him and 15 of his buddies. We started hearing all kinds of noise. Next thing we knew it was world war three. Shots were going off everywhere. They were pushing hard and fast. These (exploitive) didn't even have orange vests on. Some of them had a strip of orange tape on there hats. It went on like that for a few hours. When the shooting let up we headed back to the camper and complained amongst ourselves and decided that they were probably all tagged out or at least dressing there kills so we went out for the evening. While sitting I heard some movement behind me. I looked around and couldn't see anything. Next thing I hear a shot. Then another then another. At this point I'm rooting for the deer. I yelling run deer run!

I guess I am probably via on this subject do to my experience but it has left a very bad taste. My second reason against driving I that a lot of inexperienced people go out during gun season. It's either there first time and got talked into it or they have only been out a few times. They are understandably excited and all thoughts if safety go out the window. They see a deer and just start blasting. This is what bothers me most. Even though they now require a safety course for new hunters its very easy to get around that.

Sorry for being long winded. Just my thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I forgot. I would also like to see them allow us to use rifles in ohio. I understand the reasons they don't buy maybe they could come up with a way to have to qualify like they do for the urban area archery. Or at least open certain areas up for it.

Odnr

Quote Originally Posted by Mightymet View Post
    I forgot. I would also like to see them allow us to use rifles in ohio. I understand the reasons they don't buy maybe they could come up with a way to have to qualify like they do for the urban area archery. Or at least open certain areas up for it.

I never really knew why but ,Im sure they base the rifle law on population vs square miles or something like that. But for me I wouldn't want that at all and I would not change that law . Mrbb or someone who has more knowledge could prolly explain that a little better as far shooting and bullet logistics I have no experience with h/p rifles at all I would think with a rifle even though one may be a good marksman that bullet will pass through the animal a still travel a good ways ,but i have read that they say that a shotgun has more knockdown power at x distance than a h/p rifle but then you read another and they will say that the rifle is more efficient I don't know but one thing is for certain many will agree with you and nobody will agree wit me. Lol
    ******* man's only natural predator is man himself *********** poet's name buckstalker17 !!!! And to think my highschool teacher told me sitting on my tail all day would get me nothing in life .

BOWTECH CARBON KNIGHT 4.4 LBS LOADED
    QAD REST
    ARMORTECH SIGHTS

Well I could be wrong, but I think the most hunting accidents happen in turkey season
    and not deer drives at all, or even gun season,when there are the most hunters in the woods too!
    as for why Ohio has no rifle season, I am pretty sure its due to population areas, and well a lot of flat ground in many parts of it
    even a 22 rifle bullet can travel over a mile, and most center fire rifle calibers well over 6 miles

and to be honest, I think no rilfes helps bucks get older, the more and farther people can see they will try to shoot
    and ost don't have ther skills or brains to be shooting at distances they think they can

Thread Information