Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are You Giong To Hunt Early ML Season

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County

Are You Giong To Hunt Early ML Season

Just curious if any one plans to hunt the early ML season with a muzzleloader. I won't be doing that.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

I actually kinna for got all about it. Till just now I might blow the dust of the Thompson but with the challenge I might just keep low to the ground with the bow. Idk
    ******* man's only natural predator is man himself *********** poet's name buckstalker17 !!!! And to think my highschool teacher told me sitting on my tail all day would get me nothing in life .

BOWTECH CARBON KNIGHT 4.4 LBS LOADED
    QAD REST
    ARMORTECH SIGHTS

Nope. I plan to stick with the bow for the early ML season.
    STROTHER INFINITY
    RIPCORD REST
    TRUGLOW SIGHT
    ICS BEMAN ARROWS
    TRU-FIRE RELEASE
    28.5 DRAW 65LBS

Bow 4 me also

Idk yet but i think the no BUCKS that wkend is wrong i mean if ya m.l hunt then no bucks but if iam toten a bow why cant i shoot a buck god know this will be the time a 200in bucks wanders into 29yrds of me and beggs me to shoot em yall watch its gonna happen to me

I'll bet the no bucks rule will be broken many times in those two days. Just to easy to get away with it with the new check in system. If I hunt that weekend I'll carry the crossbow. But, I think I'd rather stay out of the woods then have my target buck walk by and not be able to take the shot. I normally refrain from shooting does on my property.

no...I want as many does on and around my property as possible through mid-Nov. Therefore, I plan to make my place nice and quiet. I might go down and make sure I have no sneekies coming in on me.

I dislike early ML season in PA falls mid october just when archery is starting to get good. I dont own a ML and dont plan to either. I prefer using the bow.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

I know the youth season has a very adverse effect on my property. No one hunts my property, but some hunt on a couple farms not far from me. I'm sure the early ML season will have a greater effect.

well I am the odd ball out, a little here
    I ids like the NO bucks part of it, but at the same time I do see the point of it
    I mean if we, hunters take out more doe sooner , it SHOULD make for a stronger more active bucks ,
    come rut time looking for a doe, as with few doe about, they will have to move more to find one
    and then again the way I see it is, I know last few yrs, I found that I tend to pass on many doe's Hoping a buck will show up
    so this kind of forces my hand into doing some doe kill's
    and with the inline, it also means m,any times a deer is dropped in its tracks, no tracking needed, a fast in and out hunt for me
    but I also see the draw backs, from being in PA where its been going on now for several yrs
    the amount of cheaters is scary in my neck of the woods
    as kids and seniors are also allowed to use rifles in this early season
    and they is almost like a free pass to cheaters to poach, as the rifle shots go un noticed this week
    and so many also sadly, shoot a buck, and then tag it with the archery tag
    BUt cheaters will be cheaters one way or the other
    the State game depts. in my eye's just need to step up and be better on there toe's, and here they don't even make an effort it seems to me

and the other side effect is, all the gun shot's do make many bucks go nocturnal here as well, its a trail cam pic's proven for me
    its starts once the velvet comes off , and the cheaters start up, and then after this week, about 70% of my bucks don't show up anymore on cam in dayight
    only good of this I see is less get killed and have a chance to age here where 2.5 yr old bucks are still rare, so a Plus of sosrts I guess???

Thread Information