I shoot a Hoyt Katera XL all decked out in a red/black marbled target color with chrome hardware. Im sure someone would tell me that it isnt a hunting bow with the 35" ata and its not camo or blackout but it does the job and I have yet to be busted because of my bow. That bow was a top end bow once upon a time but what makes a top end bow is directly proportional to what is in peoples minds based on marketing/company name and how light there wallet is after the buy said bow. In your case bear is a good bow they are budget friendly bows which doesn't make them any less of a bow then the big three but it will still get the job done. I equate this to firearms where lots of people knock savage rifles for being ugly etc but they are flat out the most accurate factory guns in there price class. They can compete with guns costing $1000+ more then them. Same deal with the bear bow they have solid technology and can and will shoot just was well as much more expensive bows. What it comes down to name brand recognition that some people use to classify a top end bow vs the rest.