Thread: Opportunity shot

Opportunity shot

How many of you guys will take a shot at a yote when in your stand/blind deer hunting? Does taking that shot affect your chances of having a successful deer hunt on that day?
    Enjoy your hunt- the long sit......... the cold.......the rain and snow......the peace and quiet, it may just be your last hunt........... you never know.

i dont think shooting would affect the day if you go to retrieve the yote on your way out vs retrieving it after you shoot it with all the noise ,movement and scent you would be leaving would most likely effect the hunt, imo when i first started hunting out of a tree stand i shot at the same deer twice before i took her down . so i wouldnt pass it up i will take a flu flu with me when i sit for the day and ill put some fishing line on it, if there is not any action i will try and tag me some squirrels and still have taken deer probably not smart to do but hey I'm terrible at video games
    ******* man's only natural predator is man himself *********** poet's name buckstalker17 !!!! And to think my highschool teacher told me sitting on my tail all day would get me nothing in life .

BOWTECH CARBON KNIGHT 4.4 LBS LOADED
    QAD REST
    ARMORTECH SIGHTS

It would be very hard to pass up a shot at a coyote in the area. I havnt had that chance but I would def shot and get him at the end of the hunt or the next day. Shouldn't mess up the hunt if you leave him til the hunt is over.
    STROTHER INFINITY
    RIPCORD REST
    TRUGLOW SIGHT
    ICS BEMAN ARROWS
    TRU-FIRE RELEASE
    28.5 DRAW 65LBS

I think if you shoot a yote, you are for sure adding more scent, and some deer can be very iffy if they smell a yopte in some places
    here where I hunt(in PA) I have lots of yotes and lots of deer, have seen them eating in same fields and ignoring each other50 yrds apart too or less
    me I don't shoot yotes till there is a contest, and then its for possible winnings only
    I need there help to keep my deer numbers in check, and I like to watch them in action
    so no I don't take pop shots at them now a days, yrs back I did, or in places I was asked to
    even killed a deer right after killing one once, but think that's NOT the norm

I would take a shot at them but anyone that has had them come in on them getting a shot with archery gear isnt an easy proposition. They are fast and jumpy critters
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

i shot 2 last year with my bow and still have seen deer afterwards so yeah shoot away

Thread Information