Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OVER 40 YARDS

OVER 40 YARDS

CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY THAT IT IS UNETHICAL TO SHOOT OVER 40 YARDS WITH A BOW AND ARROW ??
    ******* man's only natural predator is man himself *********** poet's name buckstalker17 !!!! And to think my highschool teacher told me sitting on my tail all day would get me nothing in life .

BOWTECH CARBON KNIGHT 4.4 LBS LOADED
    QAD REST
    ARMORTECH SIGHTS

Not sure I cant answer that question. My personal limit is 50 yards with clear shooting because after 50 I feel that my accuracy isnt as consistent as I feel it should be to take a shot on game. I've never had to shoot that far my personal farthest shot on game with my bow was 38ish yards.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

i practice up to 70 yards now i know you never going to get a shot off in the woods at that range . but i have read in here that it is unethical I'm just trying to find out why that is but i haven't herd any reason why i just know if you are hunting any open ranges if you don't have a 60-70 yard shot in your back pocket you might be in for a long trip.....
    ******* man's only natural predator is man himself *********** poet's name buckstalker17 !!!! And to think my highschool teacher told me sitting on my tail all day would get me nothing in life .

QAD REST
    ARMORTECH SIGHTS

I agree, I don't see why an over 40 yard shot is unethical. I think that as long as you practice for 40-50 yard shots and you are consistent with you're shots then you should be fine.

They take elk, mulies and pronghorn at 60-70yds out west all the time....it's not for me, but it's done all the time. For someone who shoots an older xbow or vertical bow with less power than modern gear......shooting at thoughs longer ranges may be considered unethical....but that doesn't make it unethical for everyone.....for the record my limit is 20yds.
    Enjoy your hunt- the long sit......... the cold.......the rain and snow......the peace and quiet, it may just be your last hunt........... you never know.

The way I look at it, if your equipment is good enough to shoot that far and your proficient out to ranges past 40 yards then go for it. If your FPS and KE are enough to make a killing shot at the given distance I don't see an issue with it. I will not go past the 40 yard mark but that's just me and staying in my comfort zone.

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    Good God, the statement I made was a joke. I give up.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by hortontoter View Post
    Good God, the statement I made was a joke. I give up.
    hahaha i know it was a joke buddy just trying to keep it going dont be mad

QAD REST
    ARMORTECH SIGHTS

what would you consider a unethical shot just to keep this thread going and to not start another

QAD REST
    ARMORTECH SIGHTS

What I consider unethical shots are ones that can happen at any distance its really the circumstances of the shot that would make it unethical. Bad shots happen but one were you are forcing a shot through brush or taking very poor angle shots on deer that is where ethics of the shot comes in for me. As long as people stay within the capabilities of their abilities, equipment and are taking high percentage shots on deer then I really don't mind how far they are shooting.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Thread Information