Thread: Acorns

Acorns

Just wondering how everyone's oak trees look this year? Made it out last week and noticed the trees where I hunt seemed to bear less acorns and were smaller than the trees close to my house? How's everyone else's looking?

I haven't really Checked mine yet this year we had a good crop last year so I'm not expecting so much for this year usually when we have a good harvest the next year is not very productive
    ******* man's only natural predator is man himself *********** poet's name buckstalker17 !!!! And to think my highschool teacher told me sitting on my tail all day would get me nothing in life .

BOWTECH CARBON KNIGHT 4.4 LBS LOADED
    QAD REST
    ARMORTECH SIGHTS

It's been hot and dry here and the oaks(and other trees) are shedding leafs do to stress and to lessen their need for water.....so the mass production should be low this season.
    Enjoy your hunt- the long sit......... the cold.......the rain and snow......the peace and quiet, it may just be your last hunt........... you never know.

to be honest I haven't even looked
    they are supposed to start timbering my hunting grounds in the next few weeks, so? I will be hunting more based on what that does to my herd, and more in my food plots as far away from them cutting as can be, unless I see reason to hunt closer

But that said, with all the apples, and pretty good growing weather this yr, I wuld expect a petty good crop of them

That sucks mrbb. Hopefully that will help out down the road but sure makes it tough tho year. I plan to scout more of the property to see if others are bearing More. I just thought it was odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikebaker View Post
    That sucks mrbb. Hopefully that will help out down the road but sure makes it tough tho year. I plan to scout more of the property to see if others are bearing More. I just thought it was odd.
    yeah thanks, plans were made before I had my imput, and they plan to log late Aug till Nov ?dec
    so sure is going to be an od season for me
    best thing is it will maybe keep out trespassers too?
    I have tons of places to hunt if I wanted to move, just set on hunting here its where I do all the hardest work trying to grow nicer buck
    I don't really care anymore if I kill a deer, so that's a plus I guess LOL

Stan Depending on how they log it you may be in good shape if you hunt shortly after they log an area. The deer really love the easy access to the tops that get left.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

pretty bare in central ohio apples and pears are heavy though

It been pretty wet this year in my area. Haven't seen any acorns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Thread Information