Athletic Greens
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: where has everyone gone?

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    Now see that is where I disagree on the limitations of this site. In years past we would have so many threads and posts on shed antlers for late winter. Then would come the turkey season, heck this place would normally be hopping that time of year....oh don't forget about the mushrooms. Then minerals and velvet antler pictures would keep us going well into summer. Not to mention people's food plot topics. This year has been a bust and anyone that says otherwise is kidding themselves. Heck, I'd post up some pics along with mrbb and Hortontoter and we'd be lucky if we even get a reply!!! NEVER used to be like that.

I just ran out of steam on my end and I just wished others involved in the site would have stepped up to add to things instead of saying it will get busier now that Fall is near. I just hate to think of all the heart I put into this place and what it always has meant to me and the fact that it DID go unnoticed!!
    Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    - Thomas Edison

holla I appreciate everything that you and the other mods have done. So dont get me wrong I have now ill will or criticism towards you.

We used to have alot of traffic I particularly remember reading huge posts from split_g2 and he always found a ton of sheds. So Im not sure what happened this past year and I will take some responsibility for that since I disappeared. I guess instead of talking about what it used to be like. I would like to be part of the solution.
    I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me. ~ Ted Nugent

Big Holla, I wouldn't say your hard work went un noticed
    or un appreciated, cause I think it did get both, ONLY it was just by the few folks that were still active all yr
    I know I appreciated it
    you gave it a lot to improve things here, and get more action
    But sadly , this site lost its biggest talkers I think, I think it was a combo of things, from how life takes up time they used to have to spend here, and well folks get burned out after hunting season, and get tired of talking hunting
    it was the die hards that I feel hung out here, and hung out here due to enjoying the talking back and forth and sharing info yr round
    and the main reason, is I think this site just had a lot fewer members as to other sites that stay active all yr
    I am on a few forums besides this, and even there I personally find its about 4-6 guys that are active every day on them, BUT there seems to be a ton of folks that chim in on and as new members looking for help on something
    and then it picks up speed
    the folks that seem to come on this site the most, always seemed to be folks that were experienced hunter, needing less help
    they came here to see how hunting was going, more than to socialize and become friends
    this was a very informative site, and still I hope will be, when it comes to hunting action in Ohio
    its prime criteria, thus the name, Bow hunting Ohio
    and when folks search for hunting ohio info, it comes up, they check it out , as most hunters(thats a fact, its a small percentage that live it all yr as to pure numbers of hunters)
    are last minute hunters, they wait till its either here or just about to start to get ready, and hunt a few days a yr and try to time hunts based on the best times to go
    thus why so many use us as a time line to go here
    get that info, chim in a little, and go away
    the few folks here that stayed active more or les all yr
    I enjoyed, I never really cared if no one replyed to some of my posts, as I alwyas seen, most got a lot of views, and to be honest, no reply was really needed
    and the regulars normally did reply, and those were the people I really posted for anyways
    I think more replys might have been nicer at times, but it never mattered to me enough to worry about it
    the hunting reports , the action in hunting season, was always my favorites on this site
    and still expect them to be pretty good , even with so many that left

I agree with mrbb. Nothing the staff did every went unnoticed. I have no hard feelings toward chuck or Kurtis for moving on. I hope they still find time to visit. We have a long history together and hope the friendships doesn't end. Thanks again guys for all you've done.

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    I must agree with Stan. The effort the mods put forth wasn't unnoticed by those of us that hang out here on a very regular basis.

I understand the frustrations they had over things as simple as one doing what was needed to enter a kill in the team challenge. It wasn't rocket science. The fact is some guys took the lackadasical approach and it showed.

I didn't repond to every poster, for various reasons.

And like Chuck said, the site used to be full of chat most of the year.

If I got nothing else from this site, I got the chance to share knowledge, tell and read hunting stories, see some great bucks, both on trail cameras and with the hunter grinning ear to ear. But, most of all I have met some really great guys that will be my friends for life.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

I enjoy coming to the site to read what is going on in the state of ohio. I like keeping up with the rut thread for obvious reasons. Used to try to post a little here and there...but didn't get much in the way of replies...probably because I'm a non resident (which is understandable). Now I pretty much come here just to read what is going on out there...

i greatly appreciate what seeker and big holla have done holla told me how to post pics gave advice all year long hell seeker told me how to correct my form by bending at the waist while using my compound bow as i really had not used one much and am great full to have had that as my father wasnt into archery and i am not saying that others didnt help or give advice but until these individuals left/quit posting i never knew who the owners where and i hope you guys post still and are active on this site as for admin/owners i think it is time for the to be active on this site and maybe get to know the other members

I'm still a member and will chime in from time to time and look forward to getting together for a winter campout with the friends I've made on here. I just got tired of being called pro staff when it all it meant was my bio and photo got posted under staff. Staff needed feedback from the owners and staff deserved to have their posts, messages, and texts responded to by the owners. Staff put a lot of work into making this site what it was, and a little communication and occasional discount would have gone a long way. I haven't been as active for almost four years since I had my first son, then second son, but I also put a lot of work into the first few team challenges. They are a lot of work as Big Holla said, been there done that. Bottom line is I just want to talk bowhunting with bowhunters so I will now do that a little here and a little more elsewhere. Good luck to you all and I look forward to reading about and seeing your deer this year.
    "...the deepest, most permanent features of all great moments outside are the names, faces, descriptions, and emotions. The antlers on the wall...well, they're just bones affixed to boards. But what they represent, however, is flesh and blood - fathers and sons, friends spending time with friends and the the seasons of life when the people we love were still with us. These old antlers on the wall...well, take a seat, my friend, and I'll tell you all about them." -Rev. Zeke Pipher

Quote Originally Posted by no trespassing View Post
    would much rather visit this website than ohiooutdoors. The people on there think they are gods gift to hunting and they worship a certain individual. Makes me sick. Would love to meet jackalope in person.....
    Carefull what you wish for "Little Man"

Quote Originally Posted by keekeerun View Post
    Carefull what you wish for "Little Man"
    Hmmmm...must have hit a nerve huh? Fact stands...if I ever met jackalope in person I would tell him just what I think of him. He sure has no problems telling me over the internet.

Looks can be very deceiving....by the way hello jackalope...

Thread Information