Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: bootleg team challenge

Quote Originally Posted by hortontoter View Post
    Things have got to pick up.
    Well Dick if the good posters like you come back.....we might get things rolling again. Though that "things are just fine" attitude is what got this site in trouble to start with.....that and the lack of owner support/participation...i.e....that team challenge prizes fiasco a few seasons ago.....that was just plain old pitiful!!
    Enjoy your hunt- the long sit......... the cold.......the rain and snow......the peace and quiet, it may just be your last hunt........... you never know.

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    I can't be two places at one time, but I can be two places at different times.

I feel the issue here is that mostly "part time" hunters hang out here. Yes, there are a few diehards, but for the most part most guys are here from Sept. to December. After that the place dries up like a creek in mid August. You know, my mind thinks hunting year round. I figure why not spend time with guys online that think like me.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by hortontoter View Post
    I can't be two places at one time, but I can be two places at different times.

I feel the issue here is that mostly "part time" hunters hang out here. Yes, there are a few diehards, but for the most part most guys are here from Sept. to December. After that the place dries up like a creek in mid August. You know, my mind thinks hunting year round. I figure why not spend time with guys online that think like me.
    Well that just isn't going to float Dick.....thoughs "part time" hunters simply moved to the other site along with everyone else......so it's the same group......just on a different site.
    Enjoy your hunt- the long sit......... the cold.......the rain and snow......the peace and quiet, it may just be your last hunt........... you never know.

If there isnt an official team challenge I'm in. I guess I would be considered a part time hunter. I start thinking deer around mid august and that runs till season closes mid january for me. Then mid april its turkey time and time for fishing. Then summer starts and its sporting clays and firewood season for me. Plus family time is mixed in there. If I spend to much time thinking deer I just get burnt out. After the team challenge and end of the season each year I tend to wander off for a few months to do the other things I like to do.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Now we're getting somewhere I really don't think there will be a official challenge this year I wasn't sure if the administrator would allow us to do this but he has posted on here since I started this thread and hasn't yelled at me yet to say this is a nono so I think we are good to go I just know in previous years a lot of teams would complain about no shows this way each team has a abundance of hunters
    ******* man's only natural predator is man himself *********** poet's name buckstalker17 !!!! And to think my highschool teacher told me sitting on my tail all day would get me nothing in life .

BOWTECH CARBON KNIGHT 4.4 LBS LOADED
    QAD REST
    ARMORTECH SIGHTS

I'm new to the site, but not new to bow hunting, so im not familiar with the team challenge but it sounds good to me. I guess you can count me in. If I need to do/know anything else about it just let me know.

The only thing you need to know is that.......buckstalker17 cheats!!!LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Stonegod View Post
    The only thing you need to know is that.......buckstalker17 cheats!!!LOL
    Man I buy one deer of eBay and I'm labeled a cheater for life geeez lol
    ******* man's only natural predator is man himself *********** poet's name buckstalker17 !!!! And to think my highschool teacher told me sitting on my tail all day would get me nothing in life .

BOWTECH CARBON KNIGHT 4.4 LBS LOADED
    QAD REST
    ARMORTECH SIGHTS

Should have spent more money! $25.00 and all you got was a spike.

Quote Originally Posted by nomad_archer View Post
    If there isnt an official team challenge I'm in. I guess I would be considered a part time hunter. I start thinking deer around mid august and that runs till season closes mid january for me. Then mid april its turkey time and time for fishing. Then summer starts and its sporting clays and firewood season for me. Plus family time is mixed in there. If I spend to much time thinking deer I just get burnt out. After the team challenge and end of the season each year I tend to wander off for a few months to do the other things I like to do.
    Don't take my statement as a poke at anyone. I know that people have other things they choose to do from Feb. to Oct. I'm told quite often that I'm not even close to normal. If I said deer hunting doesn't cross my mind every day I'd be lying. Maybe I'm obsessed, crazy or a bit of both.

Thread Information