Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Survey Question???

Survey Question???

I just want to have a little fun with this. What is your wife's #1 complaint when it comes to your deer hunting. I believe my wife's #1 complaint is You possibly can't need that many deer stands (12), her #2 complaint is you say you always have such good spots why are you moving stands every summer? Let's hear some responses.

Haha.. Yea I here some of the same. Mine says do you really have to hunt that much and why do you need that many stands you can only sit in one at a time. Then in pre season I set my cameras and check them about every 2 weeks and put down corn when I go. She says why go to the hunting area when you can't get anything yet and quit buying corn.. It's funny
    STROTHER INFINITY
    RIPCORD REST
    TRUGLOW SIGHT
    ICS BEMAN ARROWS
    TRU-FIRE RELEASE
    28.5 DRAW 65LBS

My wife calls me out on my procrastination when it comes to EVERYTHING besides deer hunting, lol.

That and the fact that I can wake up without an alarm clock and be..up...ready...and out the door when going hunting

I'm lucky my wife don't complain at all about my hunting as long as she gets her alimony check Lol jus kidding never been married just felt left out :-p
    ******* man's only natural predator is man himself *********** poet's name buckstalker17 !!!! And to think my highschool teacher told me sitting on my tail all day would get me nothing in life .

BOWTECH CARBON KNIGHT 4.4 LBS LOADED
    QAD REST
    ARMORTECH SIGHTS

I get a lot of why do you have to spend so much time in the woods. It's probably between that and you always want something new and/or more hunting stuff...well if they would stop coming out with so many new hunting products, then I wouldn't need to keep getting new stuff...hahaha!

Well lets see. Her complaint is that all I talk about is hunting, chainsaws/cutting wood and guns. But she hunts so she understands the time and equipment that is needed.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

if you see so many deer why havent you "caught one" yet

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    I guess I found a good one, my wife never complains about my hunting. Her theory is that I could be somewhere in a bar chasing the ladies or somthing along those lines.

If I need equipment, it is never an issue. Again, she feels I could be blowing the money on somthing worse.

She is as anxious to see the trail camera photos when I pull the cards as I am. Funny thing is she doesn't hunt. But, she will go to our cabin, which has no running water and a Porta-Jon, and spend the entire weekend there while I hunt. She likes reading and getting away from it all, so relaxing there works for her.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

I hear ya horton. My wife about kicks me out of the house to go hunting. It is about my only hobby for most of the year between getting ready and being out there. Her only complaint is why I want a new bow. I get the "If you have a bow that kills deer, what do you need with a new one?"
    “Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians--except for the occasional mountain lion steak.”
    ― Ted Nugent

2008 Bowtech 82nd Airborne

My wife is pretty understanding... especially now that all three sons are bowhunters as well! I do get a lot of flack over all of the equipment and how much room it takes up in the basement. And then... there is her prayer every year that I kill a monster on opening day. Not that she is really excited about me killing a nice buck... just that I won't be spending as much time perched in a tree cuddled up with with my Mathews instead of her:)

Thread Information