Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lighted nocks...

Has any one tried the firenock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

i bought mine from sportsmens den in shelby ohio and i saw walmart was carrying them now but the walmart by me doesnt have them labeled what knock they are

Lighted nocks are fine and i know lots of people like them...BUT just make sure you are shooting your broadheads with the lighted nocks installed to see how they fly before just popping them on and hunting with them...a buddy bought me 2 lumenocks like the first year they came out...for some reason when i was shooting my broadheads i decided to shoot with one on...it made my arrows shoot like crap! i tossed them in the drawer and haven't been interested since...informed my hunting buddies and a few others had problems too...i'll bet most guys just pop them in and never shoot with broadheads and don't know the differnce.
    Will hunt for food...will work for beer.
    Leave'r Right There!

I went to buy my nockturnals at walmart and I also noticed that they were not marked as what size they are. Couldn't take the chance on buying the wrong size so I just went to the local archery shop and picked them up.
    STROTHER INFINITY
    RIPCORD REST
    TRUGLOW SIGHT
    ICS BEMAN ARROWS
    TRU-FIRE RELEASE
    28.5 DRAW 65LBS

My Eastons fly exactly the same bread head or target tip, no difference at all
    MAYBE at farther distances than I shoot they might drop a hair more, due to they are heavier, by a SMALL amount
    but so far no difference at all, and must be about 5 yrs now using them, forget exact date, but been a while, and like so far for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Strother23 View Post
    I went to buy my nockturnals at walmart and I also noticed that they were not marked as what size they are. Couldn't take the chance on buying the wrong size so I just went to the local archery shop and picked them up.
    I noticed this also. I believe after reading the very small print on the package that they have there sizes a letter designation. Then you had to go through the list of arrows to find what letter you needed. If I remember correctly I needed the "x" for my Easton axis.

As far as how they shoot goes, they do weigh a bit more than a regular nock. So if your shooting a light broadhead and you don't have enough FOC I could see where you may have some flight issues. Or possibly you shoot with a light draw length it could effect your sight pins. I shoot the Easton axis arrows which are a heavy arrow to start with. When I put in the nocturnal it did effect my sight starting around 30 yards. This sucked because at the time I was using an HHA slider so I had to bust out the sight adjusting tape and start over the process of resetting the sight. The theory is as your arrow gets heavier the more efficient your bow will be so if your having any problems it may be just a tuning issue.

I have been shooting with the lumenoks for the last few years now, both targets and deer and haven't really noticed any change in arrow flight...knock on wood. So if I decide to switch to the nockturnals, it should shoot almost the same as the lumenoks right? I wouldn't think that they should weigh that much different.

I believe they are both around 27 to 30 grains. Should be pretty close to the same flight.

i guess i havent noticed as i shoot my arrows like i do when hunting all year round broadhead included

Thread Information