Thread: I Think I'm Ready

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County

I Think I'm Ready

My stepson and I put in a long day yesterday. We had taken my outhouse stand of of its four foot legs last week and had got it leveled and in place. Yesterday we removed all the old lumber laying around the stand from the base we had removed. We then erected my two artificial Christmas trees on the side of the blind that had the least amount of cover. We then put a new wooden floor inside the stand. Next I sat in the stand as my stepson trimmed to very nice shooting lanes, one directly in front of the stand and one at about the 2 o'clock position. Both are to a well used trail. The final job, was a new paint job on the exterior of the stand. We accomplished this by sponge painting. First time I had tried this. The stand was a basic flat black with some grey mixed in. Yesterday we used dark olive, nutmeg, a dark brown and a cinnamon (off red) type colors. I had bought these at HomeDepot in sample size bottles for $2.99 each. Two hours of sponging later, I was quite pleased with the results. It stands out a bit with all the green summer foliage, but should look good in the fall woods. All I need to do is mow my trails around the middle of September and everything will be set. I forgot my camera yesterday, but I'll take it next trip and post a few photos on the forum.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

Nice to hear. I still have to hang 2 stands but plan to do that this weekend. Then il be ready. I sprayed my hang on stand in the rubber spray to help them be quiet. Seemed to turn out nice. Good luck
    STROTHER INFINITY
    RIPCORD REST
    TRUGLOW SIGHT
    ICS BEMAN ARROWS
    TRU-FIRE RELEASE
    28.5 DRAW 65LBS

Thread Information