Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Coshocton county-area lease or trade

Looking for Coshocton county-area lease or trade

My son and I are looking for a piece of quality deer hunting land in the Coshocton county area (reason being, I have a friend who hunts there and I'd just like to be in that same area) We are looking to only hunt one week of November, of course, near the beginning of November. I'm willing to pay, but am offering to trade out some world-class fishing if you can ever get to Florida. We are christian outdoorsmen who just love bowhunting. We've harvested our share of deer, and just want to spend one of the best weeks of the season in one of the greatest deer hunting states in the US.

Anyway, if you know of something, or of someone who may be interested, please reply.

Thanks, Bandy

Looks like I'm going to have to drive up north (that would be odd, as it seems most Ohio'ians come down here during the winter lol) and start knocking on doors and asking around at the local breakfast hangouts! :)

Bandy

well finding good hunting grounds is many times a personal quest
    I live in Pa, so know the feeling
    But there is great public hunting lands in Ohio
    The Wayne is for sure one, if you look and find a spot you like and do your homework, always looked at out of state hunts the first few yrs as a learning curve, longer I hunt a state better my odds of getting what I want
    plus if you do it right you learn to meet the locals and , as they accept you, you make good friends and typically get better hunting access
    its many times a paying your due's deal
    and again, asking right now for help on this site is tricky, as about 90% of the memebers here don't be on till about late sept, then things pick up a ton here
    hard now with so few memebers logging now!
    Good Luck
    so if you don't find a place by then, ask again in early Oct, you might get a hit or two them on a swap hunt.fishing deal

Good info, mrbb. Yep, I agree with you on the 'learning curve', and I'm willing to pay my dues on a new piece of property. Hopefully I'll be able to establish a long-term relationship with a landowner that also appreciates world-class fishing. :) When people fish with me, they spend the next day recovering

Typical day for me....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fish.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	10240

well I don't fish really anymore, still enjoy the boat ride
    the best way many times to find a good place is hate to say it to go there and ask about
    maybe even vist some of the local gun .sporting good stores in Ohio when your there, most have free bullitin boards you can leave a few 5-6 cards on with your offer, be supprised who might answer one that way, or even ask the workers there, many people that work in stores like that tend to be active outdoors people, and winter time in Ohio, many folks I think would be maybe interested in a warm southern trip that time of yr

what part of FL you in, or what would be closest airport
    might not hurt to give this info so folks could maybe check airfare and or driving distance's
    travel costs can maye or break a trip for many folks
    and not to dram you away from this site, but you can aslso try posting on some other sites too, this one is always slow in off hunting season times

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    Finding a place up here is getting tougher every day. Knocking on doors works best in my opinion. Leases are available or pay to play outfitters. Public land offers good hunting if you do some homework and get off the road a bit. Some of the best bucks I've seen on stand were on public lands. And from what I've seen, bowhunting, on public land, especially on the weekdays is utilized by very few hunters in Ohio.

By the way, most guys catch their bait in nets, not by hand. Can't imagine the fish you caught on that bait lol. Nice fish, is that a grouper?
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

yes sir.....a Goliath Grouper. They are protected, but make for a great fight! I've caught them up to 300#. Not a pleasant experience, but memorable. lol never-ending fight it seems.

I'll run this thread back up to the top in September if I haven't gotten a bite by then. I have nothing against knocking on doors, and that's exactly what I'll do if this thread doesn't pan out. I assumed this was one of the better forums to engage for Ohio hunting...

Im in Bradenton....which is about 30 minutes south of Tampa. Sarasota is close by, and there is an airport there, too. The fishing trips would be available throughout the year for whoever finds me land, or has land that my son and I can hunt for that week.

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    I've fished off the old traffic bridge that ran between Bradenton and Palmetto. Caught some huge drum off of that old bridge. But that was years ago. If I remember correctly it was called the Green River Bridge.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

lol close.. it's called 'the green bridge'....and I think it's named after a guy named 'green'.

I've always wondered if there were drum there. I'll have to give it a try. My black drum hangout is the bridges in Tampa. here's one I caught this weekend.... he is around 40 lbs.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drum.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	10242

Thread Information