Thread: cool new trick to use on whitetails

cool new trick to use on whitetails

read a book about using a bottle of water to draw in deer by slowly pouring it out on the ground and using a grunt tube while doing it to recreate the sound of an actual deer urinating while grunting,and pulls in even the shyest of call shy deer by making them think that there is an actual deer in the area making the noises.anybody ever used it and does it work.read it online in a book I bought called"deer hunting for the clueless"got it on my computer from amazon

I would be leave its more the grunt than the water drawing in bucks prolly might work during the rut. I would think if they were close enough to hear you poring out the water your prolly busted allready. Who knows though I know this much I wouldn't wanna get caught with a bottle of water in one hand a grunt tube in the other and the bow up against the tree if it did work lol that would suck bananas
    ******* man's only natural predator is man himself *********** poet's name buckstalker17 !!!! And to think my highschool teacher told me sitting on my tail all day would get me nothing in life .

BOWTECH CARBON KNIGHT 4.4 LBS LOADED
    QAD REST
    ARMORTECH SIGHTS

wel any thing is possible
    but to me, deer can pin point sounds so well, I try to not make any more than needed to get into my stand
    but that had ben used yrs ago too, so nothing really new
    its just about tricking a deer into thinking something is moving faster(water running on leaves and such)
    so it could work both ways, either call them in or scare them off,
    a gamble!

I guess try it if you are desperate but I wouldn't expect much.....I'd leave the water at home and just pee instead, I think its been pretty much proven that deer can't tell human urine from other urine.

Thanks guys but I think I am going to try it anyway because a lot of the calling sequences that I use are blind calling and I think that if I use it and that I stay consistent that it may pay off,will let you know as soon as I tag one using this method.

I would have to agree that it is probably the grunt that brings them in. I have been on the ground and in the tree both and have had deer within yards, I have also seen deer within 15 yards urinate and have never heard it hit the ground. Granted deer obviously hear a lot better than we do but I think that would have to be a whole lot of pee to be able to hear it. But anything is possible I guess...

Thread Information