Thread: new member hunting southeast ohio first ten days of november

new member hunting southeast ohio first ten days of november

Looking for some input on hunting land I have hunted Dillon and Tri Valley state land I was looking at wayne forest or hocking hills area. Anybody with input about this area or areas around this.

Thanks

Well welcome to the site
    and both the wayne and hocking, have great deer,and a good selection of land types, from larger woodlands to crops fringes and even some crops on public lands
    there well known and get hunted alot, so all prime times pressure can be high in places
    only way to know is to hunt, as on public lands anyone can show up any time, and from one yr to the next it all can change
    best suggestion is if possible go scout in person, call the local game warned in areas you like, ask questions, on what he feels is a good spot, what he feels in high traffic areas for both people and deer
    the wayne, go to head quarters office, get free maps, talk to them there ask about where there timbering, recent timber cutting, get from them, they work about the area all yr, and have current info
    good luck

Thanks for the info we are coming down in late august or early september to scout. Is there any other state land or pieces of land you would recommend I have heard the AEP land can be good also.

well its hard to pin point a place on an open forum, as a good spot will not last long doing so
    theer are tons of great spots all over SE ohio, as in most other area's as well
    you have to honestly go and look in person and see what type of land terrian set ups you personaly prefer to hunt
    as what one hunter might call a great set up another might not like
    some folks are happy watching cars drive by and some hate seeing one while hunting

many public lands in Ohio can be small in acre's, many very small ones get over looked do to there small size and or locations
    again I would highly recommend you spend as much boot time as you can in area's you think you want to try
    and again, strongly recommend calling and talking to local wardens in these area's
    these days with google earth, Birdseye view and others
    you can cover a lot of possible places at home
    but that will only get you so far, wardens and State worker can be HUGE help, if you talk to the right one, or just at the right time
    many will give you better info than you might think, if you make the effort to get to know them
    buying one a lunch and talking can do a LOT of good from my experience
    never hurts to ask!
    you can also ask them about any private land owners that allow hunting, or have issue's with crop damage
    them farmer/land owners many time will let the people that take the time to find them and ask hunt, to help solve there problems
    the more you put into it the more you get out!

Thread Information