Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ozonics scent elimination system.....really:(

Ozonics scent elimination system.....really:(

What will they think of next? $300 plus for a machine that emits ozone to cover your scent....WTH. I can already picture the typical deer 'hunter' in the year 2020......sitting in an enclosed polyurethane blind ($1500), at Illinois Megabuck Outfitters ($10,000 for a three day hunt), shooting a crossbow at speeds exceeding 400 f.p.s ($2000), wearing an antibacterial under layer with scent blocker suit on top ($400), an ozonics system mounted in the blind ($400), overlooking a corn feeder that holds a ton of corn ($1000), a scouting camera overlooking the corn ($750) which has sent photos directly to the 'hunter's' smart phone over the past several months so he knows exactly what time the gigantic monster mega buck will arrive to eat, and after he "smokes" the buck with a broad head which cuts a hole the size of a grapefruit ($100 for three heads) and fist pumps and high fives his cameraman (camera $2000) he pulls the newest gadget out of his backpack ($250) which resembles a robot and guts the deer for him ($750), then the hunter drives his mega off road vehicle with a V-8 engine ($10,000) from where the 'hunter' parked it 10 feet away from his blind right to the deer, uses his winch to load it ($400), and goes back to camp to edit the video for his TV show called "Smackdown MegaBuck Hunters" where the 'hunter' tells the story of the most difficult hunt of his life! And it only cost him $30 G. Boy the future of hunting looks bright doesn't it?

LOL.......great insight @ 300 A.M.....BUT TRUE, i hope i can GET the seeds to try " the smoke ", almost did last fall.....very funny b.b.

Me too, about ready to go that route as well, tired of all this scentlok, etc, smoke just seems more natural.

HAHAHA, let not forget about the 200 lbs of must have gear they will need to kill a deer too!
    hunting isn't cheap now, or hasn't been in a long time
    and like life, everything fun seems to come with a larger and larger price tag
    Hate to say it but glad I am not a kid in this modern age
    just plinking these days
    is not cheap either, even with a .22
    nor are all that many places you an shoot one if you have the coin
    the future of hunting for the working man is for sure dying up in my eye's

Very funny Blackbeard. I don't use scent control. Of course I don't hunt 1000 acre farms where deer never see people. The two places I hunt are used to human scent. Doesn't stop me from killing them. Last year I had two young bucks walk right under my stand, take a sniff, and slowly walk away. Doesn't mean I haven't seen deer catch my scent and change direction or spook. Hell when I started hunting I didn't even wear camo. Killed deer then as well.

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    Hilarious but oh so true!! Hey if it works, go for it! Just not my cup of tea that's for sure! Smoke works for me and its one of those KISS things that you don't have to lug around.

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    It is called progress. Not that progress is always a good thing though.

I'm pretty old school, or so I thought.

Things I do use that are not so old school.

Propane heater in my blind
    Blinds, both permanant box types and portables.
    Trophy Rocks
    Trail cameras (3)
    A lawn tractor to drive part way to some of my stands and to retrieve deer.
    A Scent Dripper (an experiment, that somewhat worked)
    The computer for much of my scouting

Modern things I've never used

Scent elimination products (neither clothes, smoking up or sprays)
    Calls of any type
    Decoys
    None of the latest, greatest crossbows, arrows or broadheads
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

Yeah Horton, I wasn't making fun of box blind hunters, crossbow hunters, or anything like that, just mainly poking fun at how money is impacting hunting, how some of these gadgets are ridiculous, and what some people consider a tough hunt. I myself also use blinds, trophy rocks, a scouting camera, a compound bow, scentlok, etc.

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    The added contraption looks silly to see it hanging above hunters on some of the shows but there are plenty that swear by it as well. To each their own, I still get wacky looks when I try to explain the whole smoking up thing too. Get's to the point where I just say fugg it and keep it my own little secret LOL.

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    BB, I didn't take it that you were making fun of anyones hunting tactics. I find it amusing the lengths we go to trying to take a deer we want.

I spent yesterday making "deer lanes" to try to filter deer where I want them to go. Someday I know my persistence will pay off.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

Thread Information