Thread: New property , whole new game

New property , whole new game

They say, good things come to those who wait. Haven't had much to say without a place to hunt. I finally scored a big plot down in hill country part of Ohio.

I am used to hunting field edges and small wood lots. Big woods, hollers and ridges are a new game for me. Can't wait to scout it out. I know there are big deer in the area having hunted an adjacent property. One was a 140+ piebald that made it through last season. Mostly nocturnal so it will be tough.

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    Good for you. Trying to put all the pieces together on the new property will be a new adventure for you. Get those trail cameras out and show us the herd. Good luck this coming season.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    Great to hear! It took me a while to learn how to hunt similar land down at our farm. Made a lot of mistakes and also learned the terrain sure dictates their movement. Sounds like a great piece of land and I wish you the best on it!!

well congrats on the new hunting grounds
    always nice to know you have a place to go
    and I always enjoyed the added challange of learning a new place
    alwasy to me added to the hunt
    so best of luck
    and get the trail cam's out there, never know what you will find, and help get your motivation in high gear!
    season's a coming fast now!

Nice to hear from you again 4arms, I've been asking everyone if they ever hear from you, good luck on the new property, you are in for a different experience for sure, those hollers and ridges make it challenging for sure. Check back often.

Thanks fellas. Hunting has been tough the last couple years. Given the property is a 2hr drive from me that will create its own set of challenges.

I also have open access to clear trails, put in food plots etc. Weather permitting I am planning to spend this coming weekend to scout stand sites and access points. There are others that hunt the parcel but with more than 500 acres there plenty of room. Just two of us are bow hunters though.

Have any of you ride your machines into a property and camp over night to deer hunt.?

Thread Information