this is regards to the post about arrow speeds
at what speed does anyone feel archery would change?
I mean, when compounds came out , there was a HUGE boycot and up roar about them, being so FAST and flatter shooting, and the let off debate about them not being fair to use on game, as to REAL archery bows and arrow!
you younger archery folks won't maybe remember or even know about it
but it was a huge deal, Hope I am not alone here recalling this stuff
then modern X bows hit the front pages, and Compound and traditional archery folks again hit the band wagon about not being fair
even now there are still many people that feel X bows are not fair tio use in archery hunting, due simply lack of having to draw a bow when game is present?
SO, at what speed would anyone feel, that the challange isn't the same, or maybe called fair
I mean we now have X bows in excess of 400 FPS, (some bows too are on the dge)which would be double many of the recurves and log bows many started with, and still use
I mean if they got to say 600-1,000 fps, would archery still be archety, or would the high speeds change the way we feel about it!
lack of arrow drop, and higher KE, and ??

I mean, I know from not only this site, but tons of folks, have issue's with LONG 50+ yrd shots, not just due to distance but all that is involved in it(loss of speed, KE, and accurace range extimation and arrow/bolt drop)
where as I think if we had bows sending arrows at 700-1,000 fps, how far would folks then shoot?
would range and speeds change your opinion on archery??
I know being a long range rifle shooter, and I have killed deer way out there
the challange of being a HUNTER, and NOT a SHOOTER differ a ton
sure skill is needed to shoot far, but I personally don't think its still the same game , you need less hunting skills to shoot far, and more shooting skills

and to me archery was always to challange my hunting skills to get close to game
so what does anyone else feel about modern progres with arrow speeds?
me I hope they stay where there at?