Thread: decisions,decisions

Threaded View

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    I don't think using the rifle scope will be an issue. I've been using an old Bushnell 3-9 on my SuperMag for eight or nine years. Never an issue and holds zero just fine.

As another physically challenged hunter I'll give you a little encouragement. You will find pop up ground blinds work pretty well. But, it takes the deer a while to get used to them. I utilize them, but find I feel just as well using a natural ground blind. I'm most confident in permanant stands that I have made. My favorite stand is one I made from a Port A Jon. I've made others from lumber and one from a lumber frame covered with cloth taken from a pop up blind that had broken zippers.

I can walk a bit, but drive a lawn tractor part way to some of my stands. I've made my Horton as light as possible due to having use of only my one arm. A cocking device is a must for me. I find the cocking device helps in accuracy also.

Enjoy your new crossbow and good luck.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails winterstand.jpg   bow3.jpg   creekview1.jpg   IMG_0618.jpg  
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

Thread Information