Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: decisions,decisions

IE: hawke scopes
    Black eagle zombies, straightness .001

IE: hawke scopes
    Black eagle zombies, straightness .001

well you say weight isn't really an issue
    but I would beg to differ some
    as what I mean by weight is when your shouldering the weapon, where the weight is at, can make or break how comfortable it is to hold
    and like I said before
    the reverse limb X bows, are the ONLY one's on the market that doesn't have so much weight far away from the shooter, meaning them balance the weight more towards your shoulder, keping a TON of less weight way out there
    and even when you carry the x bow on a sling, they do not be top heavy
    you might not be walking far, but you will still be firing it from the shoulder,
    just something to consider
    and as for hawk scopes
    never really heard of them, and the Arrows,well, sure they are great, but odds are there not needed
    to be accurate with an X bow
    and sure Easton's bolts are petty straight as well
    Factory packages are proven to hold up, thsu why they sell so many
    NOT saying an aftermarket item cannot be of better quality
    But I know for a fact on SCopes, , many makers use different hash lines/reticle's, so a Factory one is most likely to sight in the most accurate with the hash lines on "X" ranges"
    and AN X bow might make more recoil/vibrations, than a rifle scope can handle
    its like Air guns, they have to be build a special way, as a just a high end rifle scope on an air gun, the air gun can chew up a scope that would last for yrs on a magnum rifle
    its different apples to apples on air gun to rifles recoil/vibrations
    and possibly the same deal on X bow
    thus another reason to maybe stick with a OEM scope?
    just food for thought

well you say weight isn't really an issue
    but I would beg to differ some
    as what I mean by weight is when your shouldering the weapon, where the weight is at, can make or break how comfortable it is to hold
    and like I said before
    the reverse limb X bows, are the ONLY one's on the market that doesn't have so much weight far away from the shooter, meaning them balance the weight more towards your shoulder, keping a TON of less weight way out there
    and even when you carry the x bow on a sling, they do not be top heavy
    you might not be walking far, but you will still be firing it from the shoulder,
    just something to consider
    and as for hawk scopes
    never really heard of them, and the Arrows,well, sure they are great, but odds are there not needed
    to be accurate with an X bow
    and sure Easton's bolts are petty straight as well
    Factory packages are proven to hold up, thsu why they sell so many
    NOT saying an aftermarket item cannot be of better quality
    But I know for a fact on SCopes, , many makers use different hash lines/reticle's, so a Factory one is most likely to sight in the most accurate with the hash lines on "X" ranges"
    and AN X bow might make more recoil/vibrations, than a rifle scope can handle
    its like Air guns, they have to be build a special way, as a just a high end rifle scope on an air gun, the air gun can chew up a scope that would last for yrs on a magnum rifle
    its different apples to apples on air gun to rifles recoil/vibrations
    and possibly the same deal on X bow
    thus another reason to maybe stick with a OEM scope?
    just food for thought

Would go with the barnett myself. As for scopes I personally like Truglo scopes. Red or green light choice. Always worked perfect for me And holds 0 nice.
    STROTHER INFINITY
    RIPCORD REST
    TRUGLOW SIGHT
    ICS BEMAN ARROWS
    TRU-FIRE RELEASE
    28.5 DRAW 65LBS

Finally made decisione
    Barnett ghost 410
    Rage 2blade 100 grains
    Black eagle zombje slayers with luminoks 428 total grains courtesy of JERRY south shores archery supply.

Really impressed with crossbow but the ross scope is a rifle scope. Will give it a try, but a hawke might be in the future.

Now this new york state resident has to travel to Ohio or Penn. To legally hunt deer with one. THE POLITICS OF IT ALL IS SUCH GARBAGE.

Black eagle zomie slayers spine indexed strightness factor ,001. Headhunter are composite with straightness factor of .003 cant wait to the groupings

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    I don't think using the rifle scope will be an issue. I've been using an old Bushnell 3-9 on my SuperMag for eight or nine years. Never an issue and holds zero just fine.

As another physically challenged hunter I'll give you a little encouragement. You will find pop up ground blinds work pretty well. But, it takes the deer a while to get used to them. I utilize them, but find I feel just as well using a natural ground blind. I'm most confident in permanant stands that I have made. My favorite stand is one I made from a Port A Jon. I've made others from lumber and one from a lumber frame covered with cloth taken from a pop up blind that had broken zippers.

I can walk a bit, but drive a lawn tractor part way to some of my stands. I've made my Horton as light as possible due to having use of only my one arm. A cocking device is a must for me. I find the cocking device helps in accuracy also.

Enjoy your new crossbow and good luck.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails winterstand.jpg   bow3.jpg   creekview1.jpg   IMG_0618.jpg  
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

Well congrats on the new x bow
    BUt doesn't NY allow them for handi cap people?
    I know most state do, even if not allowed in normal seasons
    here in Pa, before they made them legal, all you had to do wasget some paperwork filled out by a DR and submit it, and the game dept would issue you a permit to use it
    might want to look into that
    as for scopes, well I been happy with the one that came with my x bow, sure there are bigger brighter, but to be honest, bigger gets hevier, and well legal shooting hrs are what they are.to date mine has allowed me to see fine till , eve past legal hrs
    just saying, a high dollar scope really isn't needed for an x bow
    and trust me, I own plenty of high end optic's, and I am saying this lol
    if you want or need more power, Ok, but you do loose field of view, and light gathering ability with higher power, so its a toss up on low light then , or even a loss

Thread Information