It's that time of year again. Stand hanging, tree trimming, sweating like crazy to get the perfect early season set up. Many of us have already begun preparing and hanging stands for the upcoming season...or at least preparing and reconditioning stands to hang. Regardless of when you hang your stands, SAFETY is the most important. Make sure all straps are tight and secure and never assume a stand is safe because you used to hunt it last year. Get all your straps and safety gear on now...so when it's time to hunt, all ya gotta do is HUNT.

My question to you is this...what are some of the considerations you have when hanging a stand in July verses hanging a stand in late October? Are there differences? Why?

Some of my experiences over many years in the stand have made me think of such things. For one thing, the sun is up for a long time and that sucker gets bright and HOT in the evenings...so depending on the main flow of deer traffic I try to place my stand so that I'm not highlighted or blinded by the sun. Also...I don't particularly like being fried while I'm 30 feet off the ground.

Other thoughts or concerns anyone wants to share about stand set up and considerations in regards to the time of year which it is hung?