well to me, hanging a stand in july , a loc on or any type besides a ladder stand is a NO NO, way too long to be up a tree
just read what MFG"S recommend on how long a stand should be up, and your not days past it your months past there safety ratings
next, as for things I do
I WILL hang a stand to see the view, trim back branches, but will NOT leave up till hunting season, will come back a week or two before season starts and hang them for hunting out of
NOW<
well, I will make/ get set ups ready , in places ,
I have fall plots going in, meaning in places I have no current food source I will keep come fall
will plant a fall planting, and thus place new stands over these new food source area's

2.), I will take advantage of the leaves still in trees to help hide a future stand site, as in early season, many trees still hold a ton of leaves, so try to take advantage of that while there still hanging on!
3.) I will hunt close to water, due to I know here deer tend to drink before feeding in my plots, only problem is I have water 360 degrees surrounding the property, so a therma cell is a must have item in early season, or till cold chases them away!
4.) I will go to all my ladder stands and add a lot of Pine tree branches and camo material, to blend them in better
fresh pine tree branches cut a few weeks before season, will hold green for aweeks at a time, and I feel help add scent control/cover scent to me up a tree!, I have tons of pine trees in my area so they work great and are free to me!
5.) perfect time, to mark yardages, over the yrs I began using surveying tape, comes in all sorts of colors
I use same colr for 20 yrds-30-40, on all my stands
in food plots I take sticks and tie on like a streaming flag above the crops, and shove them in the ground, sticks are free, and to be honest, I found bucks really like to rub on them in the food plots? drive me nuts some times as when they fall over or break, I cannot see, but again free and cheap
and I can disc them over the next yr, or pick up after season
in woods sets, I simply wrap the tape arround tree's
make for much faster and less worry about mixing up a yardage when a moving buck comes in
I also have used same color spray paint to paint Small but easy to see Dots on tree's as markers
ONLY do this in places I am not worry about others finding of course, and with land owners permission!
have use white spray pain, and then 1 dot for 10 yrds, 2 for 20 and 3 for 30 and so on
easy and if done now, by fall, deer never notice/smell!
6.) prime time to be scouting in now for me, as come when the velevt comes off I loose many bucks, so knowing what I HAD before season, is nice to know, and hope one makes it!
and last,
7.) building my fall food plots, and come late sept, any last minute set up on current big buck feeding sites
I like to scout and hang stands on any Possible places, to know what tree's work and what don't, should I need a fast set up!
I am lucky I can drive my atv to most places I hunt and bring a 20 ft ladder, super fast up, hang see, and move on, and then mark any possible trees that are good!
nice to have back ups if you can!
thats my summer plans